Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter Club Competition Green Fees?

Options
  • 12-02-2020 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Are you required to pay green fees when playing in interclub competitions?
    I'd imagine if you do it would be greatly reduced especially for the more expensive clubs around

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

willabur wrote: »
    I'd imagine if you do it would be greatly reduced especially for the more expensive clubs around

as in Bruen/Purcell/Barton? no greenfees in comp.

your club may need to pay a few in the run up depending on practice wanted but usually get 1 or 2 free there aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

willabur wrote: »

Do you mean for the actual competition or practice?

Normally even for practice there's a free round for players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭willabur

Wow, didn't expect there to be free golf / rounds for practice

I was asked by a couple of members of the club if I would be interested in playing for the club - as long as it didn't take up too much of my free time I would love to get involved in it. Nice chance to play in some proper competition and get to play some other courses around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Della31

normally clubs have to pay the entrance fees for the competitions at end of the previous year...individuals don't have to pay competition fees...

there is generally at least 1 free of charge practice round before the competition

depending on your club it could potentially take up a bit of your free time between practice/coaching and the competition itself...it's good fun and a great way to meet other members of the club..

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Def give it a go Willabur, it's good fun & you get to know a lot more lads in around your club. Also (I found) it brings your game on a bit aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It really depends on the club in my experience.
    For Bruen etc the standard is about 4 vouchers for club.

However, there is usually a reciprocal relationship between local clubs, but even that I have seen some clubs that dont support it.

We had one scenario where the Senior Cup was in our club and the Junior Cup in a nearby club.
    We gave the nearby club free rounds but they made us pay to practice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

It's actually in the GUI conditions of Interclub competition that - 'Each Competitor shall be entitled to a single free of charge Practice Round' - so any club not offering that as a minimum should be reported for breaching the conditions of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Well, I'd hate to dampen your enthusiasm to play new courses for free but to play inter club golf you have to be dedicated(that's if your club are serious about it) to practice and not just one of those members who are asked about availability for club teams and come back with the classic YES IM INTERESTED but I'm SO busy I haven't got the time to practice but I'll play if your stuck...no thanks..if you want to play get involved,play club comps with potential partners to seeing you could play together...Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

GreeBo wrote: »
    It really depends on the club in my experience.
    For Bruen etc the standard is about 4 vouchers for club.

However, there is usually a reciprocal relationship between local clubs, but even that I have seen some clubs that dont support it.

We had one scenario where the Senior Cup was in our club and the Junior Cup in a nearby club.
    We gave the nearby club free rounds but they made us pay to practice there.

Name and shame. Disgraceful stuff.

Advertisement