Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

9-1-1 Spinoff Lone Star

Options
  • 11-09-2019 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭

9-1-1: Lone Star

9-1-1 Spinoff Lone Star Scores Series Order at Fox, Rob Lowe to Star
    Somebody better sound the alarm at Firehouse 118, because a spinoff of 9-1-1 is officially coming to Fox.

The network has ordered to series 9-1-1: Lone Star, an offshoot starring Rob Lowe, TVLine has learned.

Set in Texas, 9-1-1: Lone Star will star Lowe as a sophisticated New York cop who, along with his son, relocates to Austin. There, he must try to balance saving those who are at their most vulnerable with solving the problems in his own life.

Lowe also will serve as an executive producer on the spinoff, along with 9-1-1 co-creators Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Tim Minear.

“The beauty of having a hit drama like 9-1-1 from the genius minds of Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Tim Minear is it allows you to explore thrilling stories as told through an array of distinctive characters,” said Michael Thorn, president of entertainment at Fox. “In 9-1-1: Lone Star, they’ve given us a special opportunity to expand the franchise into new territory — literally and figuratively — and we’re thrilled to have the incomparable Rob Lowe headline this new iteration when it joins our schedule next season.”

Added Lowe, “Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Tim Minear’s ability to make smart, unique, great television is unmatched. I’m elated to join this team.”

https://tvline.com/2019/05/12/9-1-1-spinoff-series-order-fox-rob-lowe-lone-star/

Liv Tyler for female lead

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/liv-tyler-join-rob-lowe-200152933.html
    The series is an offshoot of 9-1-1 from creators Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Tim Minear.

Lone Star follows Rob Lowe’s New York firefighter who moves to Austin with his son and spars with the chief paramedic, played by Liv Tyler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Is it Rob Lowes New York sophisticated cop or firefighter ? I enjoyed 9-1-1 S1 but thought it floundered in S2.

Always good for big set pieces.

Looking forward to s3 and s01 with Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts January 19th 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

I see 5 episodes areo out! Anyone check this out, I enjoyed 911 even with all the cheese included.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah seems pretty solid. More 911 but in a different location.

Rob Lowe and Liv Tyler are great, but I'm not sure the rest of the cast are as good as the parent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I just wish they'd tell us when the original 9-1-1 is back, no new episode since the start of December

• Advertisement

March 16th. Same night as the last Lone Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Im watching it - love the characters and they get the unusual call outs like the original 911 show too
    Not a fan of Liv Tyler - her voice is just irritating and she has done herself no favours with the botox. But Rob Lowe makes up for it - botox and all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Dovies wrote: »
    Im watching it - love the characters and they get the unusual call outs like the original 911 show too
    Not a fan of Liv Tyler - her voice is just irritating and she has done herself no favours with the botox. But Rob Lowe makes up for it - botox and all :)

Loving it. Almost better than the original 911 in my opinion. Rob Lowe doesn't take himself too serious which I love, but have to agree about Liv Tyler. She's irritating me. Her voice is shocking.
    Love the 'out there' call outs. That's what makes 911 so entertaining for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gina Torres Joins

https://tvline.com/2020/09/03/911-lone-star-gina-torres-season-2-series-regular-cast/

It premieres Tuesday, 22nd September 2020 at 10pm on Sky Witness and NOW TV

• Advertisement

Liv Tyler is not returning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Liv Tyler is not returning

Well at least they didn't peddle the usual line of wanting to be with her family!

I think its a decent show, and finally a decent break from all things New York or Los Angeles!

Her lips are very distracting, too much fillers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

911-lone-star-season-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Maybe its an unpopular opinion but I am going to say that the spin off is better than the original!

I like them both pretty equally. They're great shows.

The arsonist double episode was fantastic (and the ending was a real OMG moment.... heartbreaking).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr E wrote: »
    I like them both pretty equally. They're great shows.

The arsonist double episode was fantastic (and the ending was a real OMG moment.... heartbreaking).

Yeah the twist half way through
    (the real arsonist)
    completely threw me, did not see that coming. plus yeah that ending :eek:

Advertisement