Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ZV application process

Options
  • 10-02-2020 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

For anyone looking to get a ZV registration. You need to contact Central Vehicles Office in Rosslare. They will send out the current version of the VRT form.

01 738 3619

Initially Motor tax office referred me to NCT they referred me to the AA who are uncontactable. I then contacted Revenue on the above number and problem solved.

Hopefully now I will be rid of 82 D 12........

Happy Motoring

Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

The AA look after the ZZ registrations, I'd say that's where the NCT confusion is.

Form VRT35 for zv registrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Skyhawk1990

Just for anyone doing this, I sent mine in for the zv process before the thread. The process to do all this is supposed to be done by the revenue commissioners but you've to chase them up about it. They then registered the new zv reg to the person I bought the car off. All sorted out by the extremely helpful person I was talking to in the tax office, they were surprised about how that happened themselves. Got told the car has to be re-taxed for the year as it's a new reg. That wasn't so bad as I had to re-tax the car at the end of the month anyway. The tax was also back taxed to when the car was registered in Ireland. Again this is being sorted by the same extremely helpful person in the tax office.

If the car has an NCT, the NCT cannot be transferred to the new reg and you've to NCT the car again. I'm just off the phone with them about it.

But the zv reg suits the car better than the old year plate though so I have that going for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

Seems like a bit of a run around you got there.
    Glad you got a result in the end ðŸ‘ðŸ»

CFD
    Just for anyone doing this, I sent mine in for the zv process before the thread. The process to do all this is supposed to be done by the revenue commissioners but you've to chase them up about it. They then registered the new zv reg to the person I bought the car off. All sorted out by the extremely helpful person I was talking to in the tax office, they were surprised about how that happened themselves. Got told the car has to be re-taxed for the year as it's a new reg. That wasn't so bad as I had to re-tax the car at the end of the month anyway. The tax was also back taxed to when the car was registered in Ireland. Again this is being sorted by the same extremely helpful person in the tax office.

If the car has an NCT, the NCT cannot be transferred to the new reg and you've to NCT the car again. I'm just off the phone with them about it.

But the zv reg suits the car better than the old year plate though so I have that going for me.

Advertisement