Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking near Galmont hotel?

• 07-02-2020 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm going to a function tomorrow afternoon in the Galmont Hotel. I'm driving from Dublin and staying in a hotel in Oranmore - planning to drop my family off there and then drive into Galway for the function.

I'll need to abandon the car somewhere - anyone know the best place nearby to park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Woshy wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm going to a function tomorrow afternoon in the Galmont Hotel. I'm driving from Dublin and staying in a hotel in Oranmore - planning to drop my family off there and then drive into Galway for the function.

I'll need to abandon the car somewhere - anyone know the best place nearby to park?

If you time it right, you could leave the car in Oranmore and get the train in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Mervue business Park is quiet enough at the weekends. 401 bus or the 405 bus will bring you into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Fieldsman

Or a bus from outside Oran town centre. Train station is a good distance from the town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Thanks all - I had looked at the train but I do need to go in the car. It's a work vehicle and I'll need it for another appointment afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

The Galmont has a multi-story car park, can't you park there? You might get a discount for the parking rates if you attend a function. Other than that you can park your car at the Dyke Road car park for 5 euro for the day. It's less than a 10 minute walk from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

It might get busy tomorrow with the Galway 2020 opening ceremony. If it goes ahead at all looking at the weather forecast...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Woshy wrote: »

There’s a multi storey directly under the Galmont with direct access to it. I’ve never seen it completely full. They said, there’s another large car park just next to the Galmont if it is full. Just drive the whole way in. You’ll get a space

There are a few spaces along lough atalia (3 or 4) that are free to park in but you would be very lucky to get one. Worth driving along and checking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Free underground carpark in Wellpark Retail Park on the Dublin Rd.
    About a ten minute walk to the Galmont along Lough Atalia Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Free underground carpark in Wellpark Retail Park on the Dublin Rd.
    About a ten minute walk to the Galmont along Lough Atalia Rd.

Pretty sure that's for customers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Pretty sure that's for customers only.

Your right was there last week and a guy was going around taking reg numbers and time of arrival, guess if you overstay your parking you will get clamped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Thanks all - I parked in the car park opposite the coach terminus place. It was grand - plenty of spaces. I was just conscious I was in my work car which is quite nice (unlike my banger!) so wanted it somewhere safe and also not hard to park with lots of pillars for me to scrape it against! It did the job well

Advertisement