Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing car, passenger with a primary medical certificate

Options
  • 02-02-2020 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

If I'm importing a car from the UK will the primary cert make me exempt from the new nox tax along with vrt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

If I'm importing a car from the UK will the primary cert make me exempt from the new nox tax along with vrt?
    i bought a car from dealer 2016 model nth ireland .i have primary i just informed revenue the brought to NCT to register it free of vrt all it cost me is 25e for number plate

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AnthonyGrady

I'm thinking of importing a 2018 diesel Vauxhall insignia to Ireland from northern Ireland I'm trying to figure out how much the new nox tax would be on it. Can you help? P.s the cars emissions are 114g/km

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

You need to know the Nox emissions too .

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/guide-to-vrt/calculating-vrt/calculating-the-nox-charge.aspx

Amount due
    The NOx charge will be calculated according to the following table:

Calculation of NOx charge
    NOx emissions (NOx mg/km or mg/kWh) Amount payable per mg/km or mg/kWh
    The first 0-60 mg/km or mg/kWh, as the case may be

€5

The next 20 mg/km or mg/kWh or part thereof, as the case may be, up to 80 mg/km or mg/kWh, as the case may be

€15

The remainder above 80 mg/km or mg/kWh, as the case may be

€25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

If it’s 2018 it has to be Euro6 compliant, therefore the max it can be is €600, probably a lot less. You can only get the exact NOX figure from the V5 form, as different models and even wheel sizes will have slightly different figures..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

If it’s 2018 it has to be Euro6 compliant, therefore the max it can be is €600, probably a lot less. You can only get the exact NOX figure from the V5 form, as different models and even wheel sizes will have slightly different figures..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 114 figure is for Co2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

The only way to get the exact figure is to ask the seller what the NOx figure is (figure V3 on the V5 reg doc)

Did you have another thread saying you had an exemption?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gunnerman2017

Yes it will

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AnthonyGrady

I'm importing a 2018 Audi A4 from England to Ireland and I have a passenger with a primary medical certificate. How do I go about registering for free vrt and nox tax etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Anthony have a look at your previous posts, people have replied to you there

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kmags

Is that a DD1 form or something else? What all documentation did you need? Currently car shopping in ni. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Look out for vat qualifying cars - you should be able to buy one ex vat if you tell them its been exported - the price you see it advertised at would be about the price you'd pay in euro

Advertisement