Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogger blog malfunctioning

Options
  • 28-01-2020 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

I thought everyone had deserted me. Turns out they just can't post a Comment or click a Reaction button.

Well; They can ~ but nothing happens!

I just sit and type nonsense. I haven't really got a clue about the behind the scenes mechanics. Anyone able to offer any advice, please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you try the FAQ or reach out to support?
    https://support.google.com/blogger#topic=6321979

What browser is your friend using?
    Try latest Chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Biko; We've got Comments working ~ somehow :confused:

It's just the mystery of the " Reactions " boxes now. Had a go at it myself, yesterday. Exactly as my mate reported: Ye can sit there and click the box for 'Funny', or what ever. All looks well.

Yet, refresh that page and nothing's happened. Ye Reaction's gone.

As for which browsers my readers are using? Rather immaterial, I'd say. I can hardly command the internet to 'Use Chrome or don't bother'. Firefox, myself. No idea what everyone else is on.

And, yes; I posted on their 'forum'. Tumbleweeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Have you got a 3rd party theme? If so, ask the theme provider for support.

I presume that when you sad reaction buttons, you actually mean the small grey sharing buttons that are, by default, at the bottom of posts. If so, you've misunderstood: they are sharing buttons, and I don't believe that they count shares. If you want better buttons, I suggest signing up with a service like AddThis, and adding their buttons. (From memory, they now have blogger-specific instructions for adding their Share tools.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Mrs O Bumble; My 'Theme', if that's what it is, came from Blogger. Nothing on there is other than 'came with the box'. I just cracked open one of their basic templates. Chose a coloured background. Slapped a photo across the top and started banging up nonsense.

" Reactions " were just another 'plug and play' option ye could click to have. I clicked and all was well.

Been doing that, perfectly happily, for years now. People would leave Comments and tick Reactions. Then, it all dried up. I thought they'd all left me. Then, I found a page full of Comments, awaiting my approval. They're up now ~ if a year late. Reactions, I explained above.

Untitled.jpg

It happens that I got an email from Blogger, today. Seems one of my posts ~ quite randomly ~ isn't mobile friendly. They have a button ye press which says, like; " Fix The Post "? Click that and it basically says; " Go on then! " Might as well hand me a bomb and tell me to diffuse it.

Advertisement