Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Shop people asking "Is that everything?"

It isannoying but I think the reasoning behind it is so that if you have something tucked up your jumper you can’t say you simply forgot.
    Same every time i go over to the filling station for Monday night’s 8 tins of pringles and get the “any fuel?” Every bloody time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

[uote="Ted_YNWA;112428243"]People who break [noparse]
    [/noParse] tags when quoting posts and the post is an unreadable mess.

Not a big deal??

edit - 8 tins of pringles?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I do enjoy watching the NFL highlights, but I agree that there seems to be some sort of cult clique of die-hard Irish NFL fans. They get a bit too obsessed imo.

Crisis averted. Randomly invited:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Autosport wrote: »
    The glitch

Nooooooo

And on Superbowl night as well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That the Superbowl uses Roman numerals. F O with that shyte and use 54. So much easier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

cjmc wrote: »
    That the Superbowl uses Roman numerals. F O with that shyte and use 54. So much easier!

It looks well when it's one letter. L for the 50th one looked good imo.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Monday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Watching Sabrina the teenage witch in her prime, if i had the money back then i would have been tazered several times by the LA police department..... Maybe even electrocuted by chair :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

[uote="Ted_YNWA;112428243"]People who break [noparse]
    [/noParse] tags when quoting posts and the post is an unreadable mess.

Not a big deal??

edit - 8 tins of pringles?

TA that I can't ban a CMod for mocking me

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What?
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    My thoughts too. What have Fianna Fail and clean sheets got to do with each other??

Fantasy football , get with the program fellas :rolleyes:

😛😛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

People who call you after you text them - it should be a criminal offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Theres so many things i want to do but I have no time to do them.

So much so that I can't stop thinking about them and now I can't sleep and am on Boards at 2am.

It's a vicious cycle....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Car broke down, had to get a bus, train, luas, bus to get home.

Garage not open today so said it will probably be Thursday before its fixed.

I will then have to repeat the above in reverse to collect and then drive home.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

People who call you after you text them - it should be a criminal offence.

I have a certain person that does this all the time.
    So what i do now is text.... quickly switch to airplane mode OR divert all my calls for the next few hours :D They will inevitably text when they cant annoy you by calling. I train them:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I have a certain person that does this all the time.
    So what i do now is text.... quickly switch to airplane mode OR divert all my calls for the next few hours :D They will inevitably text when they cant annoy you by calling. I train them:cool:

That's genius. I too have one offender in my contacts. Must start this.

My phone TA is parents who insist on using Whatsapp for calls even though they can just make a normal call for nothing. Why waste your (and my) time with the time delays and bad signals when you can just use your phone for it's intended function?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People who presume to know your mind and finish your sentences getting it shockingly wrong every time.

The worst or best example would be when I was about to describe a racist incident my friend's child experienced so I started by saying "my friend's a bit wary of x city because her chd 'y' is mixed race and..."
    The evil minded bast*** the badminded little sh1t cut in with a sneer and said "so 'y' is a negro, is what you're saying"
    I was too stunned to take it up with the person. I got the impression he wasn't being racist and calling 'y' a negro, rather he was attempting to portray me as racist and I can only assume they were trying to character assasinate me to make himself feel good. He turned out to be very messed up in the head though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mattdhg

I saw advertisements this morning from a local reskilling organisation about free Health Care Assistant training, where by the finish you will be qualified Level 5 and can work in hospitals/nursing homes etc.

Only open to women though
    🙄

HSE, for the umpteenth occasion. My father booked in for a 2pm appointment with the oncologist, when we arrived a half hour prior the waiting room was rammed like sardines in a tin. Apparently "2pm" is a guideline, with the administrators happy to overbook & keep struggling individuals in various stages of cancer waiting for hours. A simplified approach would be to stagger the appointment times for clients, however changing a lackadaisical culture takes years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

HSE, for the umpteenth occasion. My father booked in for a 2pm appointment with the oncologist, when we arrived a half hour prior the waiting room was rammed like sardines in a tin. Apparently "2pm" is a guideline, with the administrators happy to overbook & keep struggling individuals in various stages of cancer waiting for hours. A simplified approach would be to stagger the appointment times for clients, however changing a lackadaisical culture takes years.

Awful when you already have so much on your plate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Just had another example a few minutes ago. Background- work in UK and 70-80% of the people I deal with are of South Asian origin. English is not their first language and quite often they cannot read English.

So they ring up:-

Mr X: (panic stricken) Oh I need this for blah blah etc etc
    Me: We sent that to you weeks ago. Did you not receive it?
    Mr X: Oh I get a lot of letters. I have not opened them
    Me: Well perhaps you should. All the info you need is contained in that envelope.
    Mr X: Which one is from you?
    Me: We only sent you one letter and it has our company post mark on the front of it.
    Mr X: Oh ok. I will check.

Or another beauty. This guy asked that we email him rather than post him important info because the whole family is called "Mohammed" and others may open his post. Fair enough.

So a few weeks go by he rings up asking why we have not been in touch. Told him that we have emailed him a few times. "Oh right. I don't check my emails very often."

Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

How the hell is Daithi O'Se on tv? That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Ghosteen, the smugness of the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Mattdhg wrote: »
    I saw advertisements this morning from a local reskilling organisation about free Health Care Assistant training, where by the finish you will be qualified Level 5 and can work in hospitals/nursing homes etc.

Only open to women though
    ��

How can that be legal? If it said men only there'd be ructions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

madmaggie wrote: »
    How can that be legal? If it said men only there'd be ructions

Probably because they will be required to work with female patients/residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Knife lickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

TA'd at myself for the complete and utter lack of patience I have for everyone today. Had to work long hours over weekend, and I'm absolutely worn out. But that should not mean I take it out on others (within reason, one or two people in work have deserved my wrath today).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Brian Dobson interrupting Mary Lou and not letting her finish a sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

This persistent stubborn cold is a TA at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭thomil

TA'd that both the meeting that caused me to come in early today and the meeting that caused me to stay in the office longer tonight were both cancelled without anyone telling me...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Fecking intermittent car alarm that's been going off all day is going to continue into the night, apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement