Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical officer Fingal county council

• 29-01-2020 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    I did an aptitude and interview for clerical officer positions in Fingal Co. Co. Had my interview and think it went well 😯.
    Anybody have any inkling as to how many they may be taking on?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Hi,
    I did an aptitude and interview for clerical officer positions in Fingal Co. Co. Had my interview and think it went well 😯.
    Anybody have any inkling as to how many they may be taking on?
    Thanks in advance.

Hi!

Had my interview too, unfortunately I'm not too confident about it though!

I did ask at the end and they did they're not currently hiring, so it will just be a waiting game for people up retire/move up and they'll work down the list.

Results are supposed to be today, I'm constantly refreshing the page 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jacky_Macky

It's one of those ones...the more I think about the interview the more I have my doubts 😂. Didnt even get around to asking them about how many they will be taking on. Thanks for the reply. I keep refreshing the page too. Wishing you the best of luck.

It's one of those ones...the more I think about the interview the more I have my doubts 😂. Didnt even get around to asking them about how many they will be taking on. Thanks for the reply. I keep refreshing the page too. Wishing you the best of luck.

How did you get on? I made it! Genuinely shocked, I read the list from the bottom up, fully expected to just scrape in lol

Ha ha yeah I made it too. Delighted and also kind of surprised. The more I thought about the interview the more I felt it didnt go that well. I'm happy for you. I placed 42 so I think I could be waiting for a while. I heard somewhere that they will be needing a lot of clerical officers over the next year.

Ha ha yeah I made it too. Delighted and also kind of surprised. The more I thought about the interview the more I felt it didnt go that well. I'm happy for you. I placed 42 so I think I could be waiting for a while. I heard somewhere that they will be needing a lot of clerical officers over the next year.

Congrats! I'm a bit worried that I'll be placed in Swords. Do you know if you can refuse a place due to location and still remain next on the list? I need to be placed in Blanchardstown, tbh I've no idea how this works

• Advertisement

rawn wrote: »
    Congrats! I'm a bit worried that I'll be placed in Swords. Do you know if you can refuse a place due to location and still remain next on the list? I need to be placed in Blanchardstown, tbh I've no idea how this works

Hey sorry not been on in a while. My understanding is that you have to take the position offered but I could be wrong. It's funny as I would love to get Swords because I live 2 minutes away. Again, I could be wrong. Have you heard anything since?

Hey sorry not been on in a while. My understanding is that you have to take the position offered but I could be wrong. It's funny as I would love to get Swords because I live 2 minutes away. Again, I could be wrong. Have you heard anything since?

Nothing except the official email! I asked in the main Clerical Officer thread and they said you can only refuse if it's over 95km, otherwise you're taken off the list. But job for life and all that, there's always the chance to apply for a transfer further down the line!

Hi! Got my placement today for Fingal Blanchardstown, I was 12 on the list. She said they're taking on a few :)

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Magown3

Hi,
    Where can you apply for these positions and if you don't mind me asking, what's the starting pay?

Magown3 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Where can you apply for these positions and if you don't mind me asking, what's the starting pay?

Hi, the recruitment phase was back in January, they're not recruiting anymore. Keep an eye on publicjobs.ie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 TalkingGoose

Hi I'm on this panel around the 60 mark I know it is open until the end of 2021. I know someone in the the top ten and they've already started. I wonder how long I'll be waiting? I'm not very patient. Has anyone called to check how far along they are or is that a big no no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bubba83

Hi, I have just accepted a position as Clerical Officer for Fingal County Council in Blanchardstown. What are they like to work for? I’m super nervous about leaving my current job. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Can't really comment about Blanch but started as CO working in Fingal Swords since last month and have to say it's been great so far. I took a 40% pay cut taking this job but I know it's going to be worth it in the long run, there's loads of opportunities with jobs and loads of courses that they offer for free to progress. What are they like to work for? Fingal? I think great, hours are good, Flexi time, progression opportunities, free courses. Department? I think this may depend where you get placed but I find I am I only deal with the other CO, my supervisor and the department head. I think there's about 60 people working here, I think I've met about 20 the rest have been WFH or working off-site. The work itself is basic office stuff, emailing, sending letters etc, if you don't know anything there's a course they'll send you on for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bettyboo72

Hi Jet Black, A bit late to this thread but anyways... I'm in the same shoes. Looking at a Clerical job in Fingal. Again a 40% pay cut. How is it going for you? I'm hoping fir Swords and have just submitted my references.

Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

Would I be right in assuming that if you apply for CO in Fingal Co Co., you won't know if it's Blanch or Swords until they offer you a position?!

I presume so? At the interview they said it'll be either or and they'll look at your address maybe... I'm 4 km from Swords and 22 from Blanch

And I'm the opposite pretty much.... They'd probably save themselves and plenty of others some hassle by stating it prior to application.

Have you applied? Both seem lovely offices etc. However the pay drop means I would need the one closest to me for obvious reasons. The staff I've dealt with during the process have all been so lovely 😍

Nah, I missed the last campaign but will keep an eye out on future ones. However, I don't want to go through the process of it all though to be then offered a position in Swords (Though I think there could be a Blanch to Swords bus in the near future?)....Best of luck in your pursuit.

I've always worked in Blanch and surprised there wasn't a bus in between. By car it's so close

Thank you. I have been called for medical next week 🙃

• Advertisement

Do you mind if I ask how it's going. I just got notified of a position in Blanch for me next year starting. Is it possible to wfh ? Even partially.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TL123

Can anyone give feedback in working as clerical officer with county council, is it worth the pay cut please as taking a big drop in wages like many others on here, I'm just wondering do the wages go up once a year or so they go up based on performance attendance etc, also is there options to work from home or is it all office based, any help greatly appreciated x

I have started as a CO in the council. pm me if you want any information 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Hi S

Would it be ok to PM you i just came across this thread now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Harryhol

Also interested, what is the psy for entry level COs and does it increase annually? Also are their good opportunities to go up grades? Thanks

Advertisement