Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Murder Capital, Vicar Street, Feb 27th

• 01-01-2020 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭

What's the deal with this, lads? Appears to be sold out on Ticketmaster but I can't find hide nor hair of it on Toutless or even on Adverts. I thought I'd be ok for a late ticket but it appears their upward spiral has got the better of me. Has it sold out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Band announced that all tickets were sold a few weeks back. Guess best bet is to keep an eye on Toutless.

I'm looking forward to this gig, seen them four times already and always class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Band announced that all tickets were sold a few weeks back. Guess best bet is to keep an eye on Toutless.

I'm looking forward to this gig, seen them four times already and always class.

Cheers. Yeah, I've seen them 4 times myself. I love a lot of their stuff. The last time I saw them was at ATN, though and I'd love to see them lose the amateur dramatics, the fags, the sitting around the stage etc. Anyway, I'll keep my eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Fontaines DC tickets were surprisingly easy to get outside on both nights recently, I don't think these will be too extortionate*

*Not a recommendation for people to buy from touts, just a personal observation

• Registered Users Posts: 35 AMfan

Theyre set at ATN was insane. Was studying in germany past three months so wasnt spending alot of money. Assumed could pick up ticket easily noe theyre sold out. If anyones has spares let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

AMfan wrote: »
    Theyre set at ATN was insane. Was studying in germany past three months so wasnt spending alot of money. Assumed could pick up ticket easily noe theyre sold out. If anyones has spares let me know

Was actually a bit let down by them at ATN. Big fan but they were a bit flat. Although maybe that was the crowd in general cos of the traffic. Much more suited to an indoor venue tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 AMfan

D.Q wrote: »
    Was actually a bit let down by them at ATN. Big fan but they were a bit flat. Although maybe that was the crowd in general cos of the traffic. Much more suited to an indoor venue tbh

I was well oiled so sounded grand to me hahahah. Hopefully pick up ticket for vicar st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Just started listening to their album 2 weeks ago. Wow, First listen or 2 was a bit meh. But I kept at it; figured that there must be substance to it. What an album. Best album I've heard by an Irish band for some time now.
    Love Feeling fades. What a tune. Hope to pick up a ticket for Vicar. Will head along on the night anyway to see if anything going outside.
    Lovely to listen to an album where there is no real filler.
    Fair dues.

If you're on facebook there's a group called "feeling fades", I've seen a few tickets for Vicar St advertised there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭flasher0030

If you're on facebook there's a group called "feeling fades", I've seen a few tickets for Vicar St advertised there.

Will do. Thanks.
    Had a look at previous setlists. They only play 9 songs?? Shortest headline gig ever ??? In any case, I'm more for quality over quantity.

Will do. Thanks.
    Had a look at previous setlists. They only play 9 songs?? Shortest headline gig ever ??? In any case, I'm more for quality over quantity.

Three support acts in Vicar St, their set probably will still just be the 9 songs but hopefully the crowd will be appreciative...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Three support acts in Vicar St, their set probably will still just be the 9 songs but hopefully the crowd will be appreciative...

Do u know who the other 2 acts are?

fillup wrote: »
    Do u know who the other 2 acts are?

yup: Egyptian Blue, Unorthodox Coolock & Junior Brother

Nice - dont know Unorthodox Coolock - sounds interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

fillup wrote: »

Spoken word act. Played before the button factory gig. Very good and funny, especially if you're from the same area.

Well the good news is I'm sorted. This should be a great night. Junior brother on at 7.30, it seems. A full 2 hours before the lads hit the stage.

Shout out unorthodox coolock. He was brilliant at the button factory

D.Q wrote: »
    Shout out unorthodox coolock. He was brilliant at the button factory

Yeah, had a look at him on YouTube, looking forward to seeing him live.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yeah, had a look at him on YouTube, looking forward to seeing him live.

I always get a bit anxious at spoken word acts, hoping arseholes don't ruin it. The crowd has alot less power when they can be drowned out by drums or guitar if necessary

**** me.

• Advertisement

Those boys are getting better. Mental gig. People won't believe me when I tell them I saw Junor Brother crowd-surfing. Brilliant night, every act great. What a varied evening's entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Those boys are getting better. Mental gig. People won't believe me when I tell them I saw Junor Brother crowd-surfing. Brilliant night, every act great. What a varied evening's entertainment.

Orthodox Coolock was out there too for a bit of surfing..

Orthodox Coolock was out there too for a bit of surfing..

I may have been the only one there who didn't crowd surf at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 doingthedo

Missed these lads this week but hoping for a good show from them at the Rock Against Homelessness gig on Tuesday. Like another poster, the album gets better with every listen.

Advertisement