Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking near the Aviva

Options
  • 29-01-2020 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good place to park if travelling by car to the Aviva for Ireland v Scotland on saturday? I'll be coming in from the M1 and will be travelling with my kids. Don't mind a 15 minute walk or so. I've seen Clanna Gael GAA club's carpark mentioned...which seems to charge €10..and seems convenient.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

awnow wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a good place to park if travelling by car to the Aviva for Ireland v Scotland on saturday? I'll be coming in from the M1 and will be travelling with my kids. Don't mind a 15 minute walk or so. I've seen Clanna Gael GAA club's carpark mentioned...which seems to charge €10..and seems convenient.

Any recommendations?
    Clayton Hotel car park is within that sort of walking distance. Entrance is a short way up Simmonscourt road.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I've never failed to get on-street parking in the Raglan Road / Wellington Road block on the odd day I've driven to a match, just a short walk then. Added bonus is the locals will almost certainly have a nicer car than you if there are crims knocking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭awnow

Thanks folks! A couple of options there to think about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Thanks folks! A couple of options there to think about.

Go with the Clanna Gael plan if you're coming from the M1. To get to Raglan Road or the Clayton, you'd have to go around the stadium (and back again afterwards) which would be a nightmare.

Go with the Clanna Gael plan if you're coming from the M1. To get to Raglan Road or the Clayton, you'd have to go around the stadium (and back again afterwards) which would be a nightmare.

Thanks! Does the clanna Gael carpark fill up early or is there any way of prepaying to reserve your place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Thanks! Does the clanna Gael carpark fill up early or is there any way of prepaying to reserve your place?

No way of prepaying you just pay at the gate. As long as your there at least an hour or so before kickoff you should get a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Good options for some are to part at a Dart stop and hop on the Dart.

Booterstown is a 4 minute Dart journey to Lansdowne and you should get decent parking there if that's an option you want to go for

Good options for some are to part at a Dart stop and hop on the Dart.

Booterstown is a 4 minute Dart journey to Lansdowne and you should get decent parking there if that's an option you want to go for

Sounds like a good alternative for us. If the Clanna Gael grounds happen to be full, we might tip on over to get the Dart at Booterstown. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Sounds like a good alternative for us. If the Clanna Gael grounds happen to be full, we might tip on over to get the Dart at Booterstown. Cheers.

On the off chance it is full, Booterstown Avenue is just across the road and there should be a decent amount of (pay and display) parking on the road or on one of the off roads to it.

Blackrock Dart station is one more down the line and same deal. Lots of good parking there and another 2 minutes on the Dart line

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Sounds like a good alternative for us. .

TBH in your circumstances why don't you just park at a train station northside and get DART in to lansodwne

• Advertisement
Advertisement