Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Mine processed this morning, 1294 euro of a refund which is exactly what I had calculated myself.
    I did it around 10 days ago. Did one for my dad 2 days later I am expecting around 2500 from his refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,972 ✭✭✭✭walshb

michellie wrote: »
    I was getting that error too, I'd say it's website maintenance, revenue normally do it in the evenings.

Looking forward to the excitement tomorrow of will we / won't we get our SOL's....

I was thinking this, too..

Wish they’d at least put it in human readable language...

Even an “eff off, we’re busy” would do the job..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

Mine was done on the 7th, still nothing this morning for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

walshb wrote: »
    I was thinking this, too..

Wish they’d at least put it in human readable language...

Even an “eff off, we’re busy” would do the job..

I use the revenue system in work and we don't get understandable messages either. Not even when there is planned maintenance. You just have to guess.

Going to ring at 9.30. Sick of waiting and trying now

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

I submitted mine in early January, maybe the 10th, still nothing. I did note that the submitted date on Income Tax Return is now 24 Jan. Maybe it was resubmitted by their system and it will be processed soon.

• Advertisement

just off the phone to them, they can't give me a date when I will recieve my SOL, they can't inform me of the outcome as it is not available to them, I was told I could submit a complaint, I said I would like to, she took my mobile number and said her supervisor would conatct me, I asked when would I expect to hear from the supervisor, I was told "I don't know"

thesphinx wrote: »
    just off the phone to them, they can't give me a date when I will recieve my SOL, they can't inform me of the outcome as it is not available to them, I was told I could submit a complaint, I said I would like to, she took my mobile number and said her supervisor would conatct me, I asked when would I expect to hear from the supervisor, I was told "I don't know"

I just phoned too and spoke to someone who had no interest in dealing with the call at all, couldn't tell me anything. Anytime I have ever phoned revenue they have been great. Really pissed off now

michellie wrote: »
    I just phoned too and spoke to someone who had no interest in dealing with the call at all, couldn't tell me anything. Anytime I have ever phoned revenue they have been great. Really pissed off now

My Phone call was pointless, she could not provide me with any answers, I asked her why people who submitted theirs most recent have recieved their SOL and refund already and she said she was aware of that but had no answer. Will be interesting if someone returns my call. I think more people should submit complaints... if there are no compalints the system is good..

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I submitted mine on 2nd January and logged on this morning and it is there dated the 25th. Didn't receive any email so worth checking.

Jem123 wrote: »
    I submitted mine on 2nd January and logged on this morning and it is there dated the 25th. Didn't receive any email so worth checking.

I check mine a few times a day, nothing!

• Advertisement

Jem123 wrote: »

I also check regularly - nothing

I recieved a phone call in relation to my complaint, I was told that there was a problem with the the batch I am in and it will be processed on Wednesday, I asked why my batch and I was told that she doesn't know, I aksed why other people has recieved there's who submitted their returns after me and I was told, that there maybe an "ingredient" in yours which is not applicable in theirs, I said there is nothing special about mine it was just Health Expenses, she said she didn't know and couldn't comment. I tolde her there was poor communication regarding this she said that and I quote, "It is better to have incorrect communication then to have no cimmunicaton at all" I near choked, she then said "Would we have been better to tell you that your SOL would be available from the end of February" I said no it would be better to be realistic..Anyway I was told it would be processed on Wednesday and any refund availble will be in my account before the end of the week... so fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I recieved a phone call in relation to my complaint, I was told that there was a problem with the the batch I am in and it will be processed on Wednesday, I asked why my batch and I was told that she doesn't know, I aksed why other people has recieved there's who submitted their returns after me and I was told, that there maybe an "ingredient" in yours which is not applicable in theirs, I said there is nothing special about mine it was just Health Expenses, she said she didn't know and couldn't comment. I tolde her there was poor communication regarding this she said that and I quote, "It is better to have incorrect communication then to have no cimmunicaton at all" I near choked, she then said "Would we have been better to tell you that your SOL would be available from the end of February" I said no it would be better to be realistic..Anyway I was told it would be processed on Wednesday and any refund availble will be in my account before the end of the week... so fingers crossed...

Wow, that's an awful response. Why bother ringing you if they still don't have any idea what's going on.

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Wow, that's an awful response. Why bother ringing you if they still don't have any idea what's going on.

Well they were replying to my offical complaint that I made earlier this morning, they have to respond to a complaint, so at least on record I have been told Wednesday, so lets wait and see, it is all I can do...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Shocking response! When did you submit your form? I’m still waiting here too and was told on he phone it should be done by close of business Wednesday. Wonder if it’s the same batch? I filed mine on the 1st.

natc wrote: »
    Shocking response! When did you submit your form? I’m still waiting here too and was told on he phone it should be done by close of business Wednesday. Wonder if it’s the same batch? I filed mine on the 1st.

I guess it is the same batch, I did mine on the 7th... you must have the same "ingredient" as me as she said lol

I guess it is the same batch, I did mine on the 7th... you must have the same "ingredient" as me as she said lol

Different dates so whatever the “ingredient” is it’s not specific to any date which makes even less sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

I submitted mine on the 4th and I'm still waiting too

Jesus that's ridiculous, I must have the same "ingredient", mine submitted on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I had a friend who worked in revenue and she told me that they'd have people roaring, shouting and threatening to smash the place up if they didn't get a refund before Xmas. I'd say there's been a few of those this month.

• Advertisement

I don’t know what that could be.... I was on maternity benefit for half the year, my husband received paternity benefit for two weeks and then left full time employment and started part time jobs seekers while working one day a week. I dunno whether all this is complicating my return or what..I’d imagine it’s straightforward enough for people who know what they are doing though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I had a friend who worked in revenue and she told me that they'd have people roaring, shouting and threatening to smash the place up if they didn't get a refund before Xmas. I'd say there's been a few of those this month.

Outrageous behaviour

My place never gave out p60s until mid February (or later) so this is by far the earliest mine has been sorted.

Just remember that everyone is doing it at the same time so they’ll get round to yours soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

natc wrote: »
    I don’t know what that could be.... I was on maternity benefit for half the year, my husband received paternity benefit for two weeks and then left full time employment and started part time jobs seekers while working one day a week. I dunno whether all this is complicating my return or what..I’d imagine it’s straightforward enough for people who know what they are doing though

My husband was on part time job seekers too so that could be one of the troublesome ingredients...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Dodge wrote: »
    Outrageous behaviour

My place never gave out p60s until mid February (or later) so this is by far the earliest mine has been sorted.

Just remember that everyone is doing it at the same time so they’ll get round to yours soon enough

And this would have been at least ten years ago. I suppose a lot of us want instant gratification.

Dodge wrote: »
    Outrageous behaviour

People who submitted theirs in the past week as recieved their refund, people who submitted theirs in early January, it appears the they are processing the "batches" in the worng order...

TinyTot165 wrote: »
    My husband was on part time job seekers too so that could be one of the troublesome ingredients...

i think it is more to do with the date of the return - It looks like anything from the 1st Jan to the 10th jan is still outstanding...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

i think it is more to do with the date of the return - It looks like anything from the 1st Jan to the 10th jan is still outstanding...

I submitted within those dates and am still waiting for a response further than the initial email received as confirmation of receipt. My son submitted last week and has received a tax refund already.

My blood isn't boiling, but It does make you wonder how these things work.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Ours submitted on the 14th and still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I think the "ingredient" is we submitted before the 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

And this would have been at least ten years ago. I suppose a lot of us want instant gratification.

It was up to last year.

It doesn’t effect me if people are getting mad, I just think venting at people trying to do their job is OTT

Advertisement