Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reciprocal playing rights at other clubs

Options
  • 18-01-2020 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Does your club have reciprocal playing rights at another club and does this influence your decision on joining or renewing each year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 purdy1984

Does your club have reciprocal playing rights at another club and does this influence your decision on joining or renewing each year.

When I was a member in Bunclody you got free fourball for Palmerston House Rathsallagh and Dunmurry when you paid your membership. I seen that as a bonus and always used them. I'm in Mount Wolseley now and got to play for free in Farnham when I was away with the wife but both deals didn't influence my decision to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Tullamore GC has reciprocal playing rights with Strandhill GC, Oughterard GC & Killeen GC. Brilliant Brucie bonus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tullamore (like Mullingar) are both Braid designed courses so will get discounted fees on Braid courses

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Headfort can play Portsalon and vice versa

slave1 wrote: »
    Tullamore (like Mullingar) are both Braid designed courses so will get discounted fees on Braid courses

You're 100% correct.

Aswell as Tullamore & Mullingar there are loads of other James Braid designed courses throughout GB & I which offer reduced green fees to members of other Braid designed courses eg Dundalk, Grange, Howth, Kirkestown Castle, Newlands and Waterford.

There are over 200 Braid courses, some may be prestigious and well known, others may be remote village courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

Castle & Belvoir Park

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

Greenore and Kilkeel

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

no free golf elsewhere but we do get discounted golf elsewhere.

It doesn't influence my decision as it's on my doorstep and i get value playing other courses in opens, scratch cups and team events anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

Killarney and fota island

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Dromoland has with Carton House, Waterford Castle Mon to Fri with reduced green fees at weekend € 35 and €25). Does not influence decision re membership (3 years and never used it as golf for me is weekend only)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'm a member in Tullamore as well and the reciprocal playing rights had no inflence on my decision to join at the time, its just a great course in a great location and i'm glad to be a member!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Beaulieu wrote: »
    You're 100% correct.

Aswell as Tullamore & Mullingar there are loads of other James Braid designed courses throughout GB & I which offer reduced green fees to members of other Braid designed courses eg Dundalk, Grange, Howth, Kirkestown Castle, Newlands and Waterford.

There are over 200 Braid courses, some may be prestigious and well known, others may be remote village courses.

I am a member of one of those and have never heard of this before

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

Greenore and Kilkeel

Are you sure, I’m member in Kilkeel never heard anyone say

Luckycharm wrote: »

Ask your Hon Sec. My club makes the list freely available.
    Can't understand why it isnt publicised more.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

Down9194 wrote: »
    Are you sure, I’m member in Kilkeel never heard anyone say

Yep. I was over in Greenore before Christmas and got reduced green fee and reduced ferry travel on producing your GUI card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Here's the information on Braid courses...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »

Thanks for that, had never heard of that before and would be surprised if many in our club knew about it, Greebo did you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Thanks for that, had never heard of that before and would be surprised if many in our club knew about it, Greebo did you know?

I'd heard about it but never seen anything written down anywhere.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'd heard about it but never seen anything written down anywhere.

I asked a couple of former captains and they hadn't heard of it, played with your buddy at w/end. He hits the ball the mile, played very well first game in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Got this in the post from Headfort

7ryaoDG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Got this in the post from Headfort

7ryaoDG.jpg

Not exactly recipricol playing rights as you still pay green fee whether it's reduced or not..play in other clubs open comps and it would probably be cheaper

Advertisement