Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What exactly is wrong with the items in Amazon Warehouse?

Options
  • 18-01-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I'm eyeing up a projector in the Amazon Warehouse and I'm a bit hesitant due to how expensive it is. It's still a good price compared to new (a difference of a few hundred).

This item is listed as "very good with 0.5cm X 0.5cm imperfection on top of item".

So what exactly is wrong with these marketplace items in general? I've seen some comments online that say they are returns.

Are they broken / faulty and sent back by the buyer, then instantly re-sold? Or are they simply items that customers don't want? Where do these imperfections come from? Some items have no original box whatsoever and just come in generic packaging.

How likely is it that marketplace items were bought recently? Or could they have been used non stop for a year and then returned due to a fault?

Anybody have any insight?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They are as described. No 2 will be alike as they may have had crush damage to packaging, been opened and returned or whatever. You can return within 30 days anyway, so there is no risk. Amazon usually state quite clearly, as per your post what is wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

whiterebel wrote: »
    They are as described. No 2 will be alike as they may have had crush damage to packaging, been opened and returned or whatever. You can return within 30 days anyway, so there is no risk. Amazon usually state quite clearly, as per your post what is wrong with it.

I only ask since it's a projector and bulbs are perishable. So you're saying it's more likely to be a return in the last 30 days than having been used non stop for months on end being batthered and thrown around the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

I have ordered lots of stuff from amazon warehouse and have only had to return one item I think (Henry Hoover which was missing a part and no replacement part could be found)

Generally (in my experience) the items are more are less like new if they are described only minor cosmetic imperfections (someone opened it used it once decided they did not want it and packaged it up and returned it but got a small scratch on it)

Any problems I have had with amazon warehouse purchases amazon have been really good with offering returns or partial refunds (for example I bought a coffee machine that was missing a part which cost 5 pounds and amazon refunded me 20.
    I also bought a printer that was out of black toner and amazon refunded me 60 pounds which was half the cost of a full color set of long life toner. and another amazon warehouse purchase I had they refunded me the full price 18 months after I bought it when it developed a fault)

You have nothing really to loose buy buying it and if it’s not up to your standard you can return it for free to amazon (other then potentially being out of pocket for ~two weeks while the item is shipped back and refund processed)
    Check the bulb life on the projector when you get it generally there is something in the settings to say how long it has been run for)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

and another amazon warehouse purchase I had they refunded me the full price 18 months after I bought it when it developed a fault)

18 MONTHS??!! That's good to hear.

So other than the missing pieces here and there, your items were generally in good nick? edit, nevermind you said above that they're like new.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I only ask since it's a projector and bulbs are perishable. So you're saying it's more likely to be a return in the last 30 days than having been used non stop for months on end being batthered and thrown around the place?

I don't know where you got that from what I said. You take your chances with the warehouse stuff. If it looks banged up, just return it. Some people have had horror stories, I've been lucky so far, it has always been good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have only used the Warehouse a handful of times but no problems at all with it. Most things Ive bought have been repackaged with no discernible damage.

OP as it is a projector you're buying the good news is you can set it up and find out how many hours the bulbs have on them through the settings menus. That will tell you how much use it has had and you can base your decision on that information.

I bought something listed As New two weeks ago. When it arrived and i opened the box there was three parts missing and the item was grubby af. Straight on to chat to complain. Got a label to send it back but still haven't been refunded. I should have just returned from my account instead of getting onto chat as you get a refund issued a few hours after dropping it off at the PO.

Advertisement