Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connaught hotel to Eyre Square. Bus or taxi

• 24-01-2020 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Staying soon at the Connaught hotel. Im told by the hotel there's a bus stop outside.
    Would it be cheaper and easier to get a taxi for 3 people rather than the bus?
    Anyone know the costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Cash fare is €2.40 pp, if you have a Leap Card it's €1.68. The Free Now App tells me that a taxi would be €12 to €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

batman1 wrote: »
    Staying soon at the Connaught hotel. Im told by the hotel there's a bus stop outside.
    Would it be cheaper and easier to get a taxi for 3 people rather than the bus?
    Anyone know the costs?
    There is indeed a bus stop directly outside the hotel. One for each direction so you can get back easily enough too. You could grab the real-time app and wander across when one is coming. They all go to Eyre Squares so no ambiguity on what one to take. You can always hail a taxi if there's any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

stayed at the connacht a load of times and the bus is great and just across the road.

If you mean you are getting the bus from Dublin or Limerick (or beyond) to the hotel, then you can get off at the GMIT stop and its a 6 or 7 minute walk then to the hotel which would save going into town and back out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Procabs hackney was a fixed €8 from their office to Bons which is just across the road from hotel back in November. Assuming it would cost the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

If you are going by bus the bus stop outside the brothers of charity has 3 different buses serving it.
    Bus stop before has 2 but the 402 comes in between the 2.
    But 409 is most frequent bus in town I think and is one of the 2 from the bons stop. Other one is 404 which I'm not sure of the frequency for. It's the one that serves Newcastle and oranmore.
    402 goes out to knocknacarra after eyre square too if that's useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Its about a twenty minute walk, there are lights at all the crossings and shops for nibbles on the way, if you're not carrying luggage or in a particular hurry.
    I've often passed out the inbound busses when I walk between the two. If you walk alongside the lake and cut in by the galmount, you come out right on the sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭batman1

Thanks everyone.
    Three of us got the bus home in at 2.40 each.

As it was raining in the evening we got a taxi back to the hotel from the Eyre Square rank. Cost 8.45.

Advertisement