Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Pendulum is a great tune.

There were a few I didn't mind, like Yellow Moon, and whatever the single was, but I'd struggle to remember how many of them went.

I'm hoping the new single isn't gonna be that typical fast / punky type of track that they've had as lead singles for the last decade or more. Would prefer something with more of a groove. I don't think Cameron does that groove though, that was more Krusen's / Abbruzzese's thing.

Would also prefer Vedder's voice a little lower in the mix - not that I don't want to hear it, more that it's been sitting on top of the music on the last few albums, rather than being part of it. Compare that with the mix of the early stuff, like Vs or Vitalogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I thought Sirens and Infallible were top notch myself too from Lightning Bolt

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Getaway is a pretty great song. Sirens pretty good too , but the rest was awful imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

River cross
    Alright
    Buckle up
    Retrograde
    Quick escape
    Seven o’clock
    Superblood wolfmoon
    Come then goes
    Who ever said
    Take the long way
    Dance of the clairvoyants
    Never Destination

Song list for new album, revealed by email to fan club at random (a different song title in the emails).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Ah is that what the mail was for.
    I got dance of the clairvoyants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Infallible, Getaway, Pendulum, Father's Son, Yellow Moon, Lightning Bolt, Mind Your Manners were all good tunes, I thought. I'd love a more Riot Act-style record this time out, though. Haven't really gone back to Lightning Bolt or Backspacer at all over the last few years, whereas I always return to Riot Act, Binaural and No Code.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Ah is that what the mail was for.
    I got dance of the clairvoyants

I thought they were gonna do one at a time, hot Quick Escape myself. Least this was quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Riot Act could have been one of their best albums if they included B-sides - Down , Undone ,Otherside and took off Get Right , Help Help , Green Disease.

Get Right is one of their worst songs. Not sure why it made the cut.

Burty330 wrote: »
    Riot Act could have been one of their best albums if they included B-sides - Down , Undone ,Otherside and took off Get Right , Help Help , Green Disease.

Get Right is one of their worst songs. Not sure why it made the cut.

Get Right isn't the best, but nothing can beat the awfulness of "Let The Records Play" from the last record. That Jeepers Creepers **** is evil to my ears :D

5am release for Dance of the Clairvoyants

• Advertisement

15 second clip of it up on social media now. Pretty funky riff. Peppers-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    15 second clip of it up on social media now. Pretty funky riff. Peppers-ish.

I was thinking the same thing, super funky, sounds great, can't wait to hear the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Dance of the Clairvoyants

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdietlvGkds

It's a bit...meh.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Penfailed wrote: »
    Dance of the Clairvoyants

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hdietlvGkds

It's a bit...meh.

I actually think it's quite good... others have mentioned Talking Heads vibe, and I'd agree... definitely not meh imo

Definitely not meh. Good to see them going in another direction from the last few records!

Definitely different, and not in a bad way either. Dont think itll be one of my favourites, but wouldn't skip it either. Dont think rest of the album will be in this vein.

Definitely some anger in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I like it, yes it’s a bit different but that’s not necessarily a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I like it! SO glad they've done something a bit different. I was getting sick of the first single being the fast punky one, and so on. And it's not the first song on the album either - it's way down the list.

The production is really good, vocals sit nicely in the mix, not much guitar but I like the guitar that's there - a bit Fripp-like in places. Really good vocals throughout. Sort of gives me WMA vibes, especially the ending part.

Excited for this album now!

I like it. I'm getting vibes of Talking Heads and the Chilis from it, which are not bad things in my book. Pearl Jam wise, it reminds me of something off of Riot Act, which gives me good hope for the new album.

WTF is Stone supposed to do while the lads are playing this song live though? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭fluke

I like it. I'm getting vibes of Talking Heads and the Chilis from it, which are not bad things in my book. Pearl Jam wise, it reminds me of something off of Riot Act, which gives me good hope for the new album.

WTF is Stone supposed to do while the lads are playing this song live though? :D

From what I gather he's on bass.

• Advertisement

It's decent!

Stone is on bass so can only assume that Jeff is taking care of synthesisers/keyboards or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's a grower

Miles away from the sound of Ten

fluke wrote: »
    From what I gather he's on bass.
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Stone is on bass so can only assume that Jeff is taking care of synthesisers/keyboards or something.

Right, I didn't know that Stone was on bass duties for this. I thought those synths were outside of Boom's territory alright, maybe Jeff is doing them indeed. I know that Brendan O'Brien contributed to a fair bit of the keys work on the last 2 albums, but he is not present on this new album apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭fluke

Right, I didn't know that Stone was on bass duties for this. I thought those synths were outside of Boom's territory alright, maybe Jeff is doing them indeed. I know that Brendan O'Brien contributed to a fair bit of the keys work on the last 2 albums, but he is not present on this new album apparently.

A new producer can only be a good thing.

It's interesting alright

500747.jpg

fluke wrote: »
    A new producer can only be a good thing.

I could go very TLDR on that in regards to PJ, so in short - I fully agree.

Theres one guitar piece within the song, did Matt put it up on Instagram a few months back? I'll get more technical on the time in the song the riff (dunno would it be classed as a riff) appears at. Matt was playing the guitar though, so I threw it off as him messing about, or maybe doing solo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

After Abbruzzese left , i left too.

The musical direction PJ took just wasn't for me, and the drumming was lackluster since then and pretty sloppy imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I could go very TLDR on that in regards to PJ, so in short - I fully agree.

Please do :D

Advertisement