Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to add another monitor, help please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Both cables going into graphics card? That pc won't support a monitor going into the motherboard. Use dvi on 1 monitor and hdmi on other monitor

• Subscribers Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

KilOit wrote: »
    Both cables going into graphics card? That pc won't support a monitor going into the motherboard. Use dvi on 1 monitor and hdmi on other monitor

at the moment no, the graphic card only has one HDMI slot... and 3 display ports
    the motherboard has 2 hdmi slots, but none working.....

its my understanding ( could well be wrong !) thats its an either / or between motherboard and graphics card... that integral gpus in the motherboard dont work unless graphic card is unplugged... is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

sydthebeat wrote: »
    at the moment no, the graphic card only has one HDMI slot... and 3 display ports
    the motherboard has 2 hdmi slots, but none working.....

its my understanding ( could well be wrong !) thats its an either / or between motherboard and graphics card... that integral gpus in the motherboard dont work unless graphic card is unplugged... is that correct?

Usb portable monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

No integrated graphics on that pc. You need a adapter for hdmi (monitor) to displayport(graphics card) won't work other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

• Subscribers Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

thank all for the help

so if i get that convertor i assume there will be no problem at all using the "extended display" function in windows 10??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

sydthebeat wrote: »
    thank all for the help

so if i get that convertor i assume there will be no problem at all using the "extended display" function in windows 10??

Should be fine. It's not actually an adapter/converter just a cable with one end HDMI and another Displayport.

Advertisement