Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 24 Match Day thread

• 21-01-2020 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

Deadline 18:30 today

Big gw with a lot of TC's in play. I played mine already(we don't like to elaborate on that)

McCarthy
    TAA Robbo Pereira
    Grealish Manè(C) KdB Mahrez
    Ings Vardy DCL

Bench: McGovern; Sidibé Dendoncker Hanley

Gd'luck all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thoughts on Mason Greenwood? Will he start tonight with Rashford out or is another appearance off the bench more likely?

I could play Fernandez instead. He was superb against Chelsea and has managed 2 goals and 2 assists this season. Everton have conceded 9 set piece goals (only Villa and Norwich have more) Everton have also been far from free scoring lately and their biggest goal threat in Richarlison is out. So I may well go with Fernandez ahead of young Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Boooooooooooooo
    :D

I am actually caught up at work this evening so won’t even get to look for early team news

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

manual_man wrote: »

Big gw with a lot of TC's in play. I played mine already(we don't like to elaborate on that)

McCarthy
    TAA Robbo Pereira
    Ings Vardy DCL

Gd'luck all

I know you didnt ask for advice but

If you're not starting Sidibe at home to Newcastle then when will you start him?
    And if you're never going to start him why are you spending 5.1m on a bench warmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Morzadec wrote: »
    Thoughts on Mason Greenwood? Will he start tonight with Rashford out or is another appearance off the bench more likely?

My guess is he'll start wide right with Martial up top. I'm toying with getting him in too, it's tempting to free up cash. The main thing putting me off is I think United will try and bring a forward in to replace Rashford so I'd just want to transfer him out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

rumours Ings getting the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,627 ✭✭✭✭dahat

miller82 wrote: »
    rumours Ings getting the bench

Same as last weeks rumours but its feasible to assume he will get a rest soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Green&Red wrote: »
    I know you didnt ask for advice but

If you're not starting Sidibe at home to Newcastle then when will you start him?
    And if you're never going to start him why are you spending 5.1m on a bench warmer?
    Who to bench was a tough choice. Sidibé was dropped last game. Though I'll be keeping an eye out for early team news later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I’ve benched Ings anyway in order to start Noble.
    Hoping he actually is benched.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

manual_man wrote: »

McCarthy
    TAA Robbo Pereira
    Ings Vardy DCL

Gd'luck all

Why ?

6 playing twice with the FH, Mo the man

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

.,.......Henderson.....

Robertson....Sidibe... Soyouncu

Salah(TC).... Mane...KDB... Docoure

Jiminez...Vardy....Ings.

Subs. Cantwell.. Lundstram...Kelly.

Made the mistake of benching Jiminez last week:(

• Advertisement

Mo to get booked for showing his freshly waxed chest, how manly !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Why ?

6 playing twice with the FH, Mo the man

I think it's a much bigger 'why' as to why you'd play your FH in this gameweek, than why someone played TC in a single gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Pope
    Robertson Soyuncu Kelly
    Maddison KdB Mane Salah (TC)
    Vardy Ings Greenwood

Stek Rico Douglas Lundy

Was a tossup between Kelly/Rico to start, everytime I bench Rico he hauls so you're welcome in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Gazzaniga
    TAA, Soyuncu, Kelly
    Salah (TC), Mane, KDB, Grealish
    Vardy, Jiminez, Tosun

Ramsdale, Cantwell, Dunk, Lundstram

Going with Mo as TC.

Two away games isn't ideal, but who is to say that there will be a better option. Would anyone seriously TC a Man City player if they had 2 games in 3 or 4 days? Pep Roulette will have you on the meds!!

Vardy might be a good TC option, but it isn't even certain at this stage he will have a DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Can't decide whether or not to use my TC on mane or just normal captain. Will there be more doubles for big teams? Can anyone talk me into doing it please? 2 away games is stopping from me doing it, if it was even 1 at home it would be an easier decision

The Liverpool games are going to be torture.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

darego wrote: »
    Will there be more doubles for big teams?

Extremely likely there will be blanks in GW28 and GW31, all depending on EFL and FA cup results/fixtures.

Ryan
    Williams Soy TAA
    Mane Salah(c) KDB Trossard
    Vardy Jimenez Ings

Subs: Lundy, Kelly, Dendoncker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

McCarthy

Cathcart | Sidibe | TAA

Salah (TC) | Mane | KDB | Fleck

Vardy | Jiminez | Ings

-Button | Lundstram | Cantwell | Rico

Could be a huge week if Salah hauls and the flukey casuals miss the deadline.

Note: it's my first time benching the Lord since his 21 pointer in GW 11

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What are people with Jimenez and 2 Pool defenders doing?

It feels ridiculous to be benching a player who got 2 at the weekend, but a non Jimenez goal costs 2 CS, even a Jimenez winner and 3 BPS would mean a point less than the 2 CS if Pool keep them out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Have TAA, Gomez and Mane.

Really want to TC TAA but the % play would seem to be TC Mane as I already have double Liverpool defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

TC active:

McCarthy

Trent Virgil Williams Webster (Lundy)

Salah (Tc) KdB Mahrez (Hayden, Sarr)

Tosun Pukki Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Start Soyuncu or Greenwood, have a feeling Greenwood will start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Feck it, TC Salah, my triple captains in recent seasons have been mostly flops,i'm not sure if i have even got over 20 points, also my captain picks this year haven't always been the right choice,they have failed me quiet often. Surely my luck is about to change

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Thoughts on....
    Triple captain TAA for the DGW
    Solid form and will prob rest the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭KBurke85

darego wrote: »
    Can't decide whether or not to use my TC on mane or just normal captain. Will there be more doubles for big teams? Can anyone talk me into doing it please? 2 away games is stopping from me doing it, if it was even 1 at home it would be an easier decision

There's always bench boost and free hit that can be used in future double game weeks.
    Odds are City will have one if they get to the League Cup final and most of the FA Cup QFinalists should have one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Pope
    Balbuena (I know guys, I KNOW!) - TAA - Dunk
    Maddison - KDB - Mane - Snodgrass
    DCL - Jimi - Bobby F (c)

Button: Soy - Lundstram - Dendoncker

I mean I could have just gotten Salah for Maddison but nope, got Fun Bobby for Jamie Vardy. I mean, I'm at 900k so who really cares anyway?

Odds on Balbuena coming on late to shore up a clean sheet to get me 1 point? :pac:

elefant wrote: »
    I think it's a much bigger 'why' as to why you'd play your FH in this gameweek, than why someone played TC in a single gameweek.

you have totally missed the point, ironically enough, the joke was about the elephant in the room but well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

you have totally missed the point, ironically enough, the joke was about the elephant in the room but well done.

Jokes are meant to be funny :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Are an awful lot of people going with TC?

Really dunno if I wanna use it yet.

Advertisement