Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother and baby activities

Options
  • 19-01-2020 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My wife and 6 month old are looking to do some mid week activities to meet new people. We moved to Galway recently so looking to join some friendly mother and baby groups or activities.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

do waterbabies, i highly recommend it even if you don't want the photo.... and if doing choose one with thermal pool ie sathill hotel or at enable ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭milout

Waterbabies is great, but not the best for social chit chat.

Baby sensory run by Lisa is really worth a try, the Oranmore group definitely like an after class coffee. There are other locations and I'm sure they are also just as social.

The library also does a Friday morning session in town for babies and toddlers which is very popular and free.

A lot of community centres have groups, so worth having a look if you have one nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

There are buggy buddies walking groups in different locations (see FB for info). Penny Jones parent and baby yoga is lovely. The Eye cinema has parent and baby screenings with tea after (Eye Scream). Baby massage with Mary Kenny ( your baby might be too old, check first). Leisureland used to have parent and toddler swim times (my babies are in school now so not sure what’s still goiing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Might be good to narrow down what area you're in and if ye access to a car?

My partner has been taking our little lad to the library on Friday mornings for over a year, lovely spot and nice crowd..gets busy! If your partner is breastfeeding there's Cuidiu and La Leche groups in town (meet in the House Hotel) and other places (I'm only familiar with the Oranmore one). Baby sensory is fun, but again like swimming it's a bit full on and maybe not as much space for chit chat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement