Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best golf GPS app

Options
  • 17-01-2020 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering what people think is the best GPS app, I've tried one but thinking about doing so till I get my V2 scope.

Is the V2 Scope the best on the market for what it does or is there another better product?

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

I used theGrint App for a while and found it good. Got the Shot Scope V2 recently and absolutely love it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭bren2001

I used Hole19 quite a bit. Differs from my Garmin S5 Approach by a yard the odd time (which I assume is more to do with the accuracy of my phone over the app).

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

Thanks for this, I heard of Hole 19 alright, but never Grint.. I'll try both tomorrow.

I can't wait to get the V2 scope, it will really help, it's a bit costly now right after Xmas ... Missed a trick by not asking santa ..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

galwayllm wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I heard of Hole 19 alright, but never Grint.. I'll try both tomorrow.

I can't wait to get the V2 scope, it will really help, it's a bit costly now right after Xmas ... Missed a trick by not asking santa ..lol

As a matter of interest, what does it really help with?

Tracks your yardage on your clubs plus helps on tbe course I believe. This is all I know tbh, I believe its a great bit of kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

I got skydroid app for €2 I think. Has most courses with distance to hazards etc and there is a button you can press that tracks the yardage of your shot and you can select the club you hit from a drop down menu. Also you can put in number of putts and fairways hit. I only use for distance but there is a lot you can do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Keith C wrote: »
    I got skydroid app for €2 I think. Has most courses with distance to hazards etc and there is a button you can press that tracks the yardage of your shot and you can select the club you hit from a drop down menu. Also you can put in number of putts and fairways hit. I only use for distance but there is a lot you can do.

Not for a second saying you use it like this but I believe taking shot advice from the app is a breach of rules, open to correction

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

slave1 wrote: »
    Not for a second saying you use it like this but I believe taking shot advice from the app is a breach of rules, open to correction
    From how I'm reading it, you tell it what club you use, not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

Can you use phone apps in competitions? I remember a bit of controversy in in inter club game a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

prawnsambo wrote: »
    From how I'm reading it, you tell it what club you use, not the other way around.
    That's it, you hit your shot, then press the track button, when you get to the ball, you stop the distance tracker and select the club from drop-down menu.
    I see the V2 is €159 in mcguirks, what price would be people's biting point to get this?

• Advertisement

I'd be happy at 150ish for the V2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    prawnsambo wrote: »

Some Apps will (though you telling it what club you use and the App working out the distance you hit each club) prompt you to use a certain club e.g. if you are 148yds out and you hit your 7 iron 150yds it will prompt/recommend a 7 iron

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Can someone please tell me what is the best golf app, paid even for keeping yardage on clubs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

galwayllm wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what is the best golf app, paid even for keeping yardage on clubs etc

I've used a good few of them on an android watch and the one I keep returning back to and have now decided to stick with is Hole 19. Distances are accurate and it keeps score for you also. Highly recommended.

davegilly wrote: »
    I've used a good few of them on an android watch and the one I keep returning back to and have now decided to stick with is Hole 19. Distances are accurate and it keeps score for you also. Highly recommended.

Yes I've tbe free version and it's very good indeed. I don't know the price of the app, if it's reasonable I'll buy it

Thabks for the info

Advertisement