Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car value question

Options
  • 17-01-2020 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I came across a 94 Mercedes coupe recently, the car has no nct (3 years since it was last nct’d) internally car is in great nick, body work looks good (apart from around the arial) have checked underneath but without putting up in a lift, can’t confirm. Car not starting as battery is well dead, assuming it does start with no problem....what’s it worth. Really like the car. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,765 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Very hard to say, what model is it? Any pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

unkel wrote: »
    Very hard to say, what model is it? Any pictures?

Thanks Unkel. E220 automatic petrol. I don’t have any photos unfortunately. I’ve seen clean ones on DoneDeal for between 3-5k obviously running and nct’d. I was thinking 1-1.5k as it would need to be recommisioned after almost 3 yrs off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Hard to say. For comparison - I sold my E220 coupe recently for 0.9k. Simialr issues - dead battery, but starting and running well, 5-speed version. Used regularly. No recommissioning required, but no NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,765 ✭✭✭✭unkel

If you're really keen on the car and it looks well and you reckon it's probably ok, but can't get it properly checked out, give him a ring. Tell him you'd come over again with a good battery with you and if the car starts off that battery, you'll give him €500. That's plenty generous.

500 would be chancing (no harm asking of course). But if the seller advertises the car for 1k, it will sell very quickly.

• Advertisement

Seweryn wrote: »
    500 would be chancing (no harm asking of course). But if the seller advertises the car for 1k, it will sell very quickly.

I offered €1k and he’s thinking about it. Could be a slow burner!!!! I wouldn’t go any higher as it’s a bit of a gamble. He’s the sort that could come back to me in a week or a month. Ah well

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I offered €1k and he’s thinking about it. Could be a slow burner!!!! I wouldn’t go any higher as it’s a bit of a gamble. He’s the sort that could come back to me in a week or a month. Ah well
    Good Luck with it so... Would be nice to see a photo or two.

Seweryn wrote: »
    Good Luck with it so... Would be nice to see a photo or two.

Cheers, if I land it I’ll take some photos...decided not to take any in case I got ahead of myself.

Advertisement