Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digikey import duties I did not expect.

Options
  • 18-01-2020 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

Hello, I bought some items from Digikey.be with a Dutch helpline . There I was thinking the items were picked in Holland. UPS guy wanted me to pay import duties. No where before I purchased I could see that customs charges were to be paid. If you buy on Ebay it's as clear as day.

I buy from Hobbyking and never paid import duties.

I can handle the charges but really you never would know it before hand.

I will make a complaint to the EU, good luck you say but I have had success in the past.

Your comments are welcome.

JD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Only ever used Digikey once for some switches. Got hit with duties that was more than the cost of the items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

mordeith wrote: »
    Only ever used Digikey once for some switches. Got hit with duties that was more than the cost of the items.

But did you know it was coming from the States?

Greenman wrote: »
    But did you know it was coming from the States?

I did but wasn't expecting dutie to be so high on products that only cost a few dollars/euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

That's unfortunate. I ordered something worth around $80 from the US a few months back. I was expecting to pay customs on it, and I was charged nothing.i have no idea how that happened.

That's unfortunate. I ordered something worth around $80 from the US a few months back. I was expecting to pay customs on it, and I was charged nothing.i have no idea how that happened.

Maybe they don't check every package or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

But was it Digikey? I think they have a tie up with UPS where UPS tells customs about everything that is coming in from out of EU countries and UPS get an admin fee for themselves.

Thought I was buying from an EU warehouse. Anyway never again Digikey I'll be buying within the EU.

I wonder will we pay import duties to the UK soon? How is that going to go?

Advertisement