Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I meant to post about this after the pixies gig in the olympia. They had an anti tout measure in place, I only saw this really mentioned on the olympia website.

I got my tickets and got box office collection. When I went in an American couple were trying to collect tickets and seems they bought them via stubhub and were not being given them. The guy at the box office was saying he was going to call a manager to see what he could do. I am not sure if the they were scammed, or if the tickets were cancelled for being sold on stubhub.

When getting my own tickets I produced a printout of the page and he also asked for my credit card. Fair enough, but then he went on to ask my address which I thought was odd. I wondered if they wanted to make sure mine had not been bought by myself. I now wonder what would have happened if I had said I don't know.

https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/pixies/
    As has been Pixies’ long-time custom to thwart ticket scalping and put face-value tickets directly into the hands of their fans, the band will be implementing as much anti-scalping and anti-secondary resale measures as possible. Ticket purchases will be limited to four tickets, and the buyer's name will be attached to those tickets. Pixies want to caution their fans that if a ticket is being sold for more than its face value, or if a ticket is found to be on sale anywhere other than www.pixiesmusic.com or links designated on the band’s website, it will be invalid, at risk of being canceled, and will be resold to a fan at the correct price. For those fans who purchase tickets and are then unable to attend, they can resell their tickets at face value only via Twickets, the fan-to-fan secure ticket trading platform. Fans are asked to be sure and read the Terms and Conditions posted at the point of sale before making their purchase.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Do the Olympia publish stage times on the likes of Twitter or something along those lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yep, usually not until the afternoon of the gig though.
    if you look at past concerts though, you can usually guess the time for the gig you're going to, as the vast majority of gigs are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

I've got a pre-sale code from 3 for the Elton John gig. Tomorrow when it starts do I go via the link in the text or do I just go direct to TM where I'll have an option to put the code in

Do the Olympia publish stage times on the likes of Twitter or something along those lines?

they can be on the website months before, but usually updated on teh day as mentioned. The ones months before would be overly cautious.

Unless it is some act known for long sets the start time is usually 8.45-9.15.

Last gig I was at
    http://olympia.ie/whats-on/pixies/
    Approximate stage times as follows: Doors open 7pm, support from The Big Moon around 7.45pm, with Pixies due on stage about 8.30pm or so. We expect the show to be over approx 10.30pm.
    The olympia had this time on twitter too, but then later retweeted the bands own tweet saying 8.45pm.

To me 8.45pm still means 9pm but they did actually come on before it.

So also check the bands twitter page or facebook page, these are easier to put notices up on than the actual band website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

WTF is with Ticketmaster pricing???

Trying to buy tickets to a gig in July. On top of the ticket prices, I'm being charged for "Collector Tickets" at €11.90, which I don't want; Fees of €11.60!; and then €2.95 for delivery! So an extra €26.45 I'm being charged. Ridiculous rip off. Why can't I print out my own tickets? And there's no way for me to remove the Collector tickets option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

chewed wrote: »
    WTF is with Ticketmaster pricing???

Trying to buy tickets to a gig in July. On top of the ticket prices, I'm being charged for "Collector Tickets" at €11.90, which I don't want; Fees of €11.60!; and then €2.95 for delivery! So an extra €26.45 I'm being charged. Ridiculous rip off. Why can't I print out my own tickets? And there's no way for me to remove the Collector tickets option.

Is this for the Caribou concert?

Usually when you select the tickets, on the first screen there are 2 options, one with the collectors, and a second for the standard ticket. By default it is on the collector's item, so you need to switch manually.
    Unfortunately no way around the processing fees. I think it is a standard 12.5% on the ticket price, with a max of 6 euro. That's why for gigs that won't sell out on day 1, I would usually buy from ticketmaster outlets directly - fees usually around 2-3 euro per ticket (sometimes even less)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Is this for the Caribou concert?

Usually when you select the tickets, on the first screen there are 2 options, one with the collectors, and a second for the standard ticket. By default it is on the collector's item, so you need to switch manually.
    Unfortunately no way around the processing fees. I think it is a standard 12.5% on the ticket price, with a max of 6 euro. That's why for gigs that won't sell out on day 1, I would usually buy from ticketmaster outlets directly - fees usually around 2-3 euro per ticket (sometimes even less)

Yep, Caribou. I don't see any option to remove the Collector tickets, it just says they're included. I understand the processing fees, but I might try the outlet instead. Thanks for the tip.

I see Vicar street now have the 1euro facility fee bullshit too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone have experience collecting from the Olympia box office?

Ordered tickets online for Lizzo on Sunday but never arrived so have to collect on the night. I’ll be going straight from work though so not sure on timing.

I see on their site for Sunday night shows they open 2 hours before the event and close shortly after the performance starts. Is this shortly after doors open or when the main act comes on?

Also could I go in say tomorrow and collect a few days before the event?

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

Also could I go in say tomorrow and collect a few days before the event?
    I think you can, you could just ring them or email. I was at the pixies recently enough and would have collected around 8.30, no sign of them about to close. I had the confirmation printout and they asked for the credit card, they also strangely asked for my address even after getting the CC.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Probably been asked a number of times by now, sorry if it has. But whats the €1 venue facility fee that the 3 Arena seem to be charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Probably been asked a number of times by now, sorry if it has. But whats the €1 venue facility fee that the 3 Arena seem to be charging?

You're given your own bog roll upon entry ....

https://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2016/01/06/new-ticket-fees-for-dublins-olympia-and-3arena/

vicar street now have it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I've bought tickets for Liam Gallagher for tomorrow but I had meant to do it for tonight. Is there any chance they'll let me in tonight with them?

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I've bought tickets for Liam Gallagher for tomorrow but I had meant to do it for tonight. Is there any chance they'll let me in tonight with them?

no real chance of it. There is a swopping tickets thread on toutless
    https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34824&sid=7dc1acba56a0f432b7c3600eac9bf411

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ms.RBrite

Hoping to get my hands on some Twenty One Pilot tickets for my son and I - can anyone advise - how strict are they in the RDS re standing ages - it says on the website strictly no standing for under 16's - is this enforced? Should I take a chance buying standing tickets or not - he'll be almost 15 at the time and stood at the last gig in the 3 arena so should know what to expect :D TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hi.
    Can I pay via PayPal for Ticketmaster in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Has anyone here ever upgraded their normal standing ticket to gold circle through Ticketmaster? Anybody know how?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

How to purchase tickets for Belfast on Ticketmaster?

They are asking for a postcode and a new account. Can I use same card, and BT1 1AA? Or is there an easier way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Suckit wrote: »
    How to purchase tickets for Belfast on Ticketmaster?

They are asking for a postcode and a new account. Can I use same card, and BT1 1AA? Or is there an easier way?

Parcel Motel address for the registration and then buy either print at home tickets, or pay the 3 or 4 euro forwarding fee if print at home is not available?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Parcel Motel address for the registration and then buy either print at home tickets, or pay the 3 or 4 euro forwarding fee if print at home is not available?

Thanks, I bought for gigs via TMUK before but can't remember how I did it, it was a while ago, a couple of years. The last two gigs were bought from sellers online. I remember having a bit of trouble for Janes Addiction, but was easily sorted in the end.

Seems to change, or I am doing something different. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amckenna1996

Hi all,

I purchased tickets for a gig in March and can no longer attend. I recieved the tickets in the post ages ago and had a buyer on Twickets and can no longer find them in the house; therefore cancelling the sale.
    I can only find Ticketmaster's UK policy on lost tickets (replacing them 5 days before the gig and collection at box office). Is there any chance of Ticketmaster Ireland sending out replacements in the post? I've already contacted them via their online enquiry form, but just recieved the automatically generated response. I would ring but my working hours coincide with theirs.

Sorry about the ramble, but wonder if anyone else has been in this situation.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Hi all,

I purchased tickets for a gig in March and can no longer attend. I recieved the tickets in the post ages ago and had a buyer on Twickets and can no longer find them in the house; therefore cancelling the sale.
    I can only find Ticketmaster's UK policy on lost tickets (replacing them 5 days before the gig and collection at box office). Is there any chance of Ticketmaster Ireland sending out replacements in the post? I've already contacted them via their online enquiry form, but just recieved the automatically generated response. I would ring but my working hours coincide with theirs.

Thanks.

Yes, they will (most likely) send you new ones, however, you will need to find a time to call them to get this organized.

The only gigs for which replacements are not possible are the ones not using barcode scanning at the gates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Hi all,

Thanks.

You could try contacting Ticketmaster, say you didn't get the tickets in the post yet and ask them if they can resend... I did that as I couldn't remember if I got my ticket for Slane last year or if I had lost it, they sent me new one without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone no longer getting an option for physical tickets on ticketmaster.ie? I went to buy God Is an Astronaut tickets and they only have etickets for free or a gift wrapped ticket for a fiver. I've tweeted ticketmaster asking WTF here. Need to get a major stink going if they think they can just remove the option for physical tickets like that.

https://twitter.com/toutless/status/1218176360297967621

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Toast wrote: »
    Anyone no longer getting an option for physical tickets on ticketmaster.ie?

Been the case for a lot of gigs for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Anyone no longer getting an option for physical tickets on ticketmaster.ie? I went to buy God Is an Astronaut tickets and they only have etickets for free or a gift wrapped ticket for a fiver. I've tweeted ticketmaster asking WTF here. Need to get a major stink going if they think they can just remove the option for physical tickets like that.

https://twitter.com/toutless/status/1218176360297967621

I was just looking for ticket for Paul Heaton at the 3Arena and the standard delivery option is there.

I wonder if it has to do with the venue? Doesn't make sense anyway because what if I go and buy the ticket from a ticketmaster outlet? That would be a physical ticket

Anyone no longer getting an option for physical tickets on ticketmaster.ie?
    I bought tickets just today, chats in the olympia, and I did get real ones sent for free. I was surprised though, the last ones I got I could not even get printouts (think it was the academy), had to be on the phone, and my phone is too old to take the app. I was able to take a photo of the scan code thing on screen though and it worked fine.

I collect my stubs, at least I used to! so I always go for real ones if available but no way I would pay postage for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Think it's only gigs in The Academy have this restriction.

Advertisement