Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill PCB

Options
  • 14-01-2020 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi, if anyone can shed some light on this problem it would be appreciated.

I have a treadmill thats malfunctioning. When I turn the power on it starts running at full speed instantly without pressing any buttons on the console where the speed etc is controlled. I was just wondering if anyone could help me. This is a picture of the control board, what would likely cause this problem?

dK8Zetx.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sitamoia

Likely posted in the wrong place, please delete thread if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Normally a DC motor in them. The main power switch is probably fried, you can test it with a multi meter. The main power switch is probably on the heat sink beside the rectifier, it is probably a mostfet, check for a short between source and drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

I fixed one before - it ended up being the wires going from the control panel had been pinched by the wrong screws being used by the previous owner when it was assembled.

Try removing the two plugs in the upper left in turn - they look like the ones going to the controls - and see if the problem goes away.
    If so then check these wires are not damaged and shorting against each other or the frame.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sitamoia

DublinDilbert, you were bang on the money with the Mosfet. Changed it out and all running smoothly again. Thanks for your help lads

Advertisement