Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Game of the Decade (2010-2019) ** Results **

• 14-01-2020 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hey guys, thanks for voting on the Game Awards for 2019. Now that we have a full set of results, it's time to vote for the best Games of the Decade.

I've taken all the "Overall" winners for every year since 2010.

What is the best RPG of the decade? Best Sports? Best Action/Adventure? Time to decide!

http://bit.ly/35PFIPQ

Survey will remain open until Sunday 19th at 23:59.

Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Damn its tough to pick the Action/Adventure and Strategy/Puzzle games. Thank god Mediocre Goose Game didn't make the downloaded list.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ERG89 wrote: »
    Damn its tough to pick the Action/Adventure and Strategy/Puzzle games. Thank god Mediocre Goose Game didn't make the downloaded list.

Yeah it pained me not to be able to give anything to God of War, but The Last of Us just had to edge it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hold on, just realised this list is bogus.

Dark Souls doesn't appear in any category.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No Dark Souls but Ni No Kuni there...

I did warn people at the time their indiscretions against taste and decency would come back to haunt them. Like climate change denier at the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I'm shocked there's no Dark Souls there. Dunno why, but I was convinced The Ringed City won best DLC in 2016. Obviously not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm shocked there's no Dark Souls there. Dunno why, but I was convinced The Ringed City won best DLC in 2016. Obviously not.

HD Frozen Wilds got 55%, Ringed City got 31% (in 2017).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Tough choice with the DLC section really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

ERG89 wrote: »
    Damn its tough to pick the Action/Adventure and Strategy/Puzzle games.

No it's not, Outer Wilds is right there in both categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man, what a great decade of games. Will be mad to think about decade awards in 2030 and how Cyberpunk, Final Fantasy 7, Last of Us 2, etc. will be remembered as those old ****ty looking games.

• Best Strategy/Puzzle has a weird combination of games. Had to pick Starcraft 2 but it doesn't really fit on that list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man, what a great decade of games. Will be mad to think about decade awards in 2030 and how Cyberpunk, Final Fantasy 7, Last of Us 2, etc. will be remembered as those old ****ty looking games.

Great decade of games represented by a depressingly **** list of undeserving games there :(

As for next decade, I'm more looking forward to what Nintendo and indies can bring than the usual triple A schlock. They really save this decade from itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Tough choice with the DLC section really.

Not for me, Blood and wine is the best DLC ever

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ShaneU wrote: »

Left Behind was a close 2nd but agreed, Blood and Wine would have received game of the year if it wasn't dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

ShaneU wrote: »

It was tough between that and Hearts of Stone

You are all talking as if none of the Soulsborne DLC exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

when The Witcher 3 enters the equation everything else is left in the dust

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Yeah lists are odd alright. No Soulsborne as retro said, nor Monster Hunter + its expansion. Iceborne is one hefty expansion!

I think when you make a list of games of the decade it has to include alot of games, maybe 30+ for each category. No easy task to make a list in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I think there's something wrong with that voting page. I went onto it there and Bloodborne wasn't on it

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I kept asking myself why certain games weren't on the list and remembered that those ones were all released between 2004 and 2009... I can't cast a vote, I'm just too uninformed and need to get back to gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You are all talking as if none of the Soulsborne DLC exists.

Think it's more indicative of just how many people don't really like those games. Yeah, they're hard, and apparently rewarding, etc, but just not enough to out-do the mainstream gems.

Weren't these lists created from our voted GOTY over the last decade? Then blame only yourselves for not voting for a Soulsborne game to get GOTY in their respective years. You lose, losers! :D

Anyway, Blood and Wine was going to get my DLC vote, but I had to give it to No Mans Sky. Even ignoring what some people are calling content cut from the promised version, they have gone above and beyond anyone else with teh DLC. Even if it's not your cup of tea, Hello Games have shown how to drag yourselves back from publishing death and completely flip it with free DLC. It deserves it for making the VR free alone, as nearly everyone else would have charged for that.

Hoping Kratos gets the win, definitely my GOTD, even though it was very close with The Witcher 3. Was hard to decide between them, but the semi-open world and tightness of GoW just pipped Geralt and his sometimes annoying open world fare. Still 2 of my favorite games ever (just behind the Legacy of Kain series) and either are deserving of winning.

• Advertisement

Really good response to this survey (more than double the responses of the 2019 survey last week).

Last two days - closes at midnight tomorrow.

Results! 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each category - percentage of votes in brackets after each entry. Several positions were tied.

Best RPG of the Decade
    1. Witcher 3 (60.3%)
    2. Mass Effect 2 (15.1%)
    3. Skyrim (9.6%)
    3. Persona 5 (9.6%)

Best Action/Adventure of the Decade
    1. The Last of Us (25.3%)
    2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (24%)
    3. The Witcher 3 (20%)

Best Sports Game of the Decade
    1. Rocket League (56.9%)
    2. Golf Story (12.1%)
    3. Fire Pro Wrestling World (6.9%)
    3. Madden 12 (6.9%)
    3. PES 2020 (6.9%)

Best Racing Game of the Decade
    1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (41.4%)
    2. Forza Horizon 3 (24.1%)
    3. Gran Turismo 5 (13.8%)

Best Strategy/Puzzle Game of the Decade
    1. Portal 2 (42.7%)
    2. Outer Wilds (13.2%)
    3. Hotline Miami (10.3%)

Best Downloadable Game of the Decade
    1. Minecraft (20.9%)
    1. The Walking Dead (Season 1) (20.9%)
    2. Outer Wilds (13.4%)
    3. Stardew Valley (10.5%)

Best DLC/Add-On Content of the Decade
    1. Witcher 3: Blood and Wine (52.2%)
    2. Last of Us: Left Behind (17.4%)
    3. Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone (11.6%)

Online Game of the Decade
    1. Overwatch (18.5%)
    2. GTA Online (16.9%)
    2. Rocket League (16.9%)
    3. Battlefield 3 (10.8%)
    3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (10.8%)

Game of the Decade
    1. The Witcher 3 (39.2%)
    2. The Last Of Us (21.6%)
    2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (21.6%)
    3. God of War (2018) (6.8%)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Minecraft wins via alphabetical order :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

As expected, TW3 winning GOTD by a mile (in comparison to others), and well deserved really. Also really happy to see God of War in there at 4th! :D

Thanks again Mr. E!

Advertisement