Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support

Options
  • 09-01-2020 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm living in edenderry the last 4yr and in recovery as long of not bit longer. What I've found living down here is that there is very little support for ppl using or in recovery. I mean when I lived in newbridge there was a centre set up and it worked out great what I dont understand is why the Midlands is being left behind with support systems and structures. I mean trying to find something in edenderry to help keep the boredom at bay is nearly impossible. An group is even non existent in the town. The thing is it seems in this town the drug problem is being swept under the rug as much as possible. Which is a shame as there is a group of people that are in addiction and need help. I dont drive so gettin to any meetings elsewhere is near impossible as you may get somewhere but getting back with the bus links just doesn work. And paying for taxi would be astronomical. Does anybody else find that supports need to upgraded in Midlands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Rebecca22 wrote: »
    I'm living in edenderry the last 4yr and in recovery as long of not bit longer. What I've found living down here is that there is very little support for ppl using or in recovery. I mean when I lived in newbridge there was a centre set up and it worked out great what I dont understand is why the Midlands is being left behind with support systems and structures. I mean trying to find something in edenderry to help keep the boredom at bay is nearly impossible. An group is even non existent in the town. The thing is it seems in this town the drug problem is being swept under the rug as much as possible. Which is a shame as there is a group of people that are in addiction and need help. I dont drive so gettin to any meetings elsewhere is near impossible as you may get somewhere but getting back with the bus links just doesn work. And paying for taxi would be astronomical. Does anybody else find that supports need to upgraded in Midlands

Hi Rebecca,
    I don't know of any supports in edenderry, but maybe an email to the local AA could put you in touch with someone?
    Obviously I don't know the details of your recovery but maybe they might know someone in a similiar position

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Rebecca22 wrote: »

A job?

Advertisement