Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Storage in the Cork area?

• 27-04-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is any companies/individuals that store cars

I've a Classic mini that I have had stored in a garage for the last while and use for the odd club outing. The garage i store it in is soon being converted, during this time i will not have storage for the car.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I did see a place advertising in Limerick...probably too far away. (one of those "self store" places I think..they worry me though, what if they go bust? how do you get your car/stuff back?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bjak

Sorry to ressurect an old thread but anyone renting storage for classic cars within 10 miles of Cork city for reasonable money?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Have a look at donedeal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bjak

Not seeing anything remotely suitable on DD unfortunately.

Must be loads of idle / underused sheds or units out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Chap called Phil Gunn posts on here ,or used to, look him up, oh should do it myself.
    regards Rugbyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Just looked him up, does not post so much, mostly about bikes, but I remember him saying he knew of storage.

Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I keep a few bigger things at the Marina Business Park, they have a big secure shed for miscellaneous things, a lot of classic and vintage cars, boats and other things stored in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭philgunn

yes i should be able to fit you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 deanrock7

Hi I am looking to store a vintage Mercedes indoors for approx 2 years at reasonable price anyone out there that would recommend in around Cork or 1o to 15 mile radius Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

deanrock7 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking to store a vintage Mercedes indoors for approx 2 years at reasonable price anyone out there that would recommend in around Cork or 1o to 15 mile radius Thanks.

There used to be an advert on Donedeal for a place near Ovens. It might still be there. He used to charge €50/month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

There used to be an advert on Donedeal for a place near Ovens. It might still be there. He used to charge €50/month.

50 sovs a month.... for one car? I think I'll park my cars in the car port and rent out my double garage!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

That lad near Aherla still rents for €50-60 per month. He advertises on DoneDeal at intervals. Keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

Isambard wrote: »
    50 sovs a month.... for one car? I think I'll park my cars in the car port and rent out my double garage!

When I rang around previously, that was about the going rate for others too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

O’Brien storage in Bishopstown. I’m aware of a guy who stores his motorbike there as his parents don’t know he owns one

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Isambard wrote: »

Believe or not, that's cheap. I'm paying 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Pops_20 wrote: »
    Believe or not, that's cheap. I'm paying 150.

there's my retirement project then....divide off the front of the garage and rent out for two cars, Hmmm, €150, how much is that in pints?

Advertisement