Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lessons

Options
  • 25-11-2019 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking to get Golf lesson and was wondering if anyone could recommend who and where I could do this with in Galway City.

I am living in Roscam so as near as possible would be great but am willing to travel for the right instructor.

Regards

Colm Towey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

I use Gary Madden in Glenlo. I find him very good for me, would recommend. He is set up with Trackman now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭colmtowey

Thanks Martin

Can you advise what He costs per lesson or do you pay a lump sum for a number of lessons?

Regards

Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭colmtowey

Thanks Martin

I am looking at different options to see what may be right for me. Appreciate your advice.

Regards

Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Don't wish to hijack the thread but perhaps add a bit more meat on the bones by asking for some advice from more experienced posters.

I'm a beginner who has secured their first handicap a few months ago, but didn't play in the last quarter at all.

Was out on new years day and determined to get out there and make some progress this year and build momentum.

Would appreciate any recommendations for coaches in Dublin, preferably the southside but I don't mind travelling 20-30 mins for the right coach.

I'd also appreciate any feedback or advice on how to get the most value from lessons, while appreciating that everyone is different. Take 5 lessons in a block or spread them out? 9 hole playing lesson thrown in with a few lessons in the range?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Your handicap and how long you were playing before hand would help people with advise

As would your general miss, weak shots, strong parts, driver distance, distance with a 7/pw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Your handicap and how long you were playing before hand would help people with advise

As would your general miss, weak shots, strong parts, driver distance, distance with a 7/pw

Very raw. Playing about 8-9 months, played about 5-6 rounds and got a handicap of 28.

Strength is my strength - former GAA player. However lacking control with my drive. I'm hitting 200 yards without really hitting it too hard. I can have some where I'm right down the middle, but many are wild. I inherited a driver and would probably benefit from something more forgiving.

Short game isn't too bad. Decent chipping but I'm probably losing 2 shots a hole due to recovering from a wild drive, maybe fluffing the odd shot with my irons, or 2-3 putting on the green.

Last round, my first in around 4 months, achieved par on 3 holes, unlucky not to get a birdie. Had 4-5 awful holes where I put myself under pressure from my drive and then struggled the entire hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

If you are northside then someone like Barry Power might work. People I know that have worked with him have definitely good routines which will help with misses

Joe Murray was very good in Hollystown and gone Roganstown now

Eoin Gibbons is excellent once you have the fundamentals down

Advertisement