Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfer Thread

• 10-01-2020 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭

What are your plans?

I've 2 FTs but looks like I may have to use one to move on Fabianski. Looking at Ryan and Ramsdale as options.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Fabianski to McCarthy

Then was planning to do Alli/Rashford - Salah/DCL but hesitant to do a -8

What are your plans?

I've 2 FTs but looks like I may have to use one to move on Fabianski. Looking at Ryan and Ramsdale as options.

I’ll be moving Pope on this week.

I’d shortlisted Ryan, Ramsdale, Henderson (but I bought Egan this week) and McCarthy.

Tough call but have a week to make it.

Ryan is the percentage call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I've 2ft's. In a strange predicament where although I'm happy with my team there's transfers I need to sort for the DGW.

I already have 3 Liverpool players (TAA, Mane, and Gomez). I'm looking to upgrade Gomez to Robertson. Going without Salah is a risk I'm willing to take for now but I'll see how he looks over this and next GW before doing this. I think the DGW games will be difficult for them.

Current transfer looks like a budget forward of Ings/DCL for Rashford to free up some funds. I'm reluctant however to take out Rashy with the fixture of Burnley at home after Liverpool away but something's gotta give or else I'll waste extra transfer. Will mull it over the next while regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I'm in much the same boat as some here, getting rid of Rashford to free up some money for Salah. Is DCL the no-brainer choice or is there anything to be said for someone like Maupay or even Callum Wilson?

Anyone considering a choice between DCL and Maupay can kill 2 birds with one cup and watch the Everton v’s Brighton game this weekend.

If Wilson doesn’t score against Watford I don’t think there’ll be much interest in him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm in the same boat with the 2fts I did Pukki>DCL last week couldn't come up with anything more fun than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭COH

2FTs...

Aurier > Robertson
    Alli > Grealish

Done early as Aurier dropped and Grealish rose last night. Leaves me with a Liverpool triple up for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

2 FTs - thinking of a -4 to get set for this DGW coming up

Rashford, Alli, Traore out
    Salah, DCL, Noble in

Dont really want to go deep on west ham investments but feel Noble has a chance of a return while also being cheap

I already have 3 Liverpool players (TAA, Mane, and Gomez). I'm looking to upgrade Gomez to Robertson. Going without Salah is a risk I'm willing to take for now but I'll see how he looks over this and next GW before doing this. I think the DGW games will be difficult for them.

I agree with this but looking beyond the DGW, you'll be likely hanging onto the trio for a few weeks, probably up to the WC/DGWs/FH's start kincking in around GW31:

wol, whu
    SOU
    nor
    WHU
    wat
    BOU
    eve

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

As it stands I'd like to get rid of Pope, Rico and Kiko but not sure what the priority is.

Am hoping in vain probably, that Burnley will suddenly remember how to defend and strikers start hitting Pope with the ball again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have exact money for
    Henderson Alli and zaha
    To
    McCarthy salah and 4.3

Would be minus 8
    Don’t think I can do it
    Will probably just stick it out with Henderson (which means double blades defense against arsenal and possibly also against city ) and sell Pope for button instead.........
    Looking at my defence actually I’m wondering if double pool defence again is the way to go
    Feels boring though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I can do Ings -> PEA. Exact money currently, so may have to do earlier in the week.

km79 wrote: »
    Have exact money for
    Henderson Alli and zaha
    To
    McCarthy salah and 4.3

Would be minus 8
    Don’t think I can do it
    Will probably just stick it out with Henderson (which means double blades defense against arsenal and possibly also against city ) and sell Pope for button instead.........
    Looking at my defence actually I’m wondering if double pool defence again is the way to go
    Feels boring though
    4.3 mid have to play or do ya have another?

A: Gomez/Son/Rashford
    B: Sidibe/Salah/DCL
    ?

Have exact money for
    Henderson Alli and zaha
    To
    McCarthy salah and 4.3

Would be minus 8
    Don’t think I can do it
    Feels boring though
    Just on Sheffield United double up, if Villa overcome Leicester in the second leg, SU would likely have a blank in 5 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FitzShane wrote: »
    I can do Ings -> PEA. Exact money currently, so may have to do earlier in the week.

Well I won't be doing that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Original plan was Cantwell and Aguero to Salah and Greenwood. But after watching Ings today I'm inclined to do Maddison to Salah and Aguero to Ings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Original plan was Cantwell and Aguero to Salah and Greenwood. But after watching Ings today I'm inclined to do Maddison to Salah and Aguero to Ings.

Exact same transfers here.
    Maddison/Aguero to Salah/Ings. 2fts.
    Ideally would like to take Pope out as Burnley are poison but probably not worth taking a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Plan is Zaha/Rashford to Mane and one of Greenwood/Connolly/Idah ahead of the DGW

Jiminez to Ings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Jiminez to Ings

wolves have a double coming up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    wolves have a double coming up soon
    ?

TAA is in ACRES of space all the time
    Please do something for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Think I'll be doing Jimenez to Ings.

Fabianski supposedly going for a scan on Monday so I dunno if it's worth holding on to him until then. Based on his reaction he seemed to know it was a significant injury. Still set on Ryan as his replacement.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Jimmi to Ings. May take a hit to get rid of Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

2 FTs.
    Looks like Jmi to Ings and Button to MacCarthy (can't keep playing Pope).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭shmeee

Think I'll be doing Jimenez to Ings.

Fabianski supposedly going for a scan on Monday so I dunno if it's worth holding on to him until then. Based on his reaction he seemed to know it was a significant injury. Still set on Ryan as his replacement.

Jimi to Ings done, .2 made on Jimi, Ings due a rose tonight. I'll take that. Leaves a few quid ITB also.

I'll take a -4 if Fab is ruled out which looks likely, no luck with keepers. Heaton first now Fab.

Planned to do Rashford/Alli - DCL/Salah

Watched alot of football today. Now decided that Rashford must stay, and Ings needs to come in. Looking like the 3rd Liverpool will have to be a defender. Unsure if I want Salah that much, also want to get Son back in somehow.

Next few weeks, something like
    Aurier / Alli / Jimenez out
    Gomez / Son / Ings in

siblers wrote: »
    Jimmi to Ings. May take a hit to get rid of Martial
    Funny, I was looking at potentially bringing him in (though "Never buy Martial" is one of my 3 rules for the season).

Last few weeks:
    10, 2, 2, 15, 8, 2, 8

Why ya looking to sell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Re: Gomez....Matip back in training afaik and Lovern not far off return either so there may be some rotation as to who plays in VVD's shadow

Advertisement