Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fargo Season 4 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

You betcha :D

eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jack Huston, Jason Schwartzman and Ben Whishaw, along with Jessie Buckley, Salvatore Esposito, Andrew Bird, Jeremie Harris, Gaetano Bruno, Anji White, Francesco Acquaroli, E’myri Crutchfield and Amber Midthunder cast which is in 1950s

https://www.thewrap.com/fargo-season-4-cast-jack-huston-jason-schwartzman-ben-whishaw-join-chris-rock/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

They haven't started filming yet :(

Probably late 2020 for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,440 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Bit of local interest;

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/irish-actress-included-in-cast-for-season-4-of-fargo-675768

Did I mishear, or did somebody say something about Barry Keogan in Fargo? Can't find any mention of this online.

• Advertisement

Will this be after Christmas for Channel Four?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Timothy Olyphant has joined the cast, which is great news (he makes everything better!) imo.

Playing Dick Wickware :)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭De Bhál

great

I love this show, with season 2 being one of the best seasons of any TV show ever made. Loved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭ollkiller

great

I love this show, with season 2 being one of the best seasons of any TV show ever made. Loved it

Aye. Season 1 is class, season 3 is grand but not up to the standard of the other two. Season 2 is just fantastic from start to finish. Acting by all involved was legendary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Season 3 was in the unfortunate position of 'merely' being great, B+ television, when the previous seasons was near flawless A material.

• Advertisement

Looking good - April release in the US

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dunno what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting that. Looks as eccentric as ever, but more "Coen" than "Fargo" this time, if you get my drift.

Noah Hawley's still attached on this, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Doesn't feel like Fargo .. eccentric *googles mean* ... yes eccentric

Hawley listed as writer & director on the first episode:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8052820/fullcredits/

Yeah, I agree it's not really "Fargo" at first blush but that's why I said perhaps more "Coen" instead, their more quirky output, mixed with Millers Crossing.

Hope that this is good whether it turns out Fargo or Coen-esque.

Really enjoyed season 1, the butcher couple I disliked and that coupled with the crappy ending ruined season 2 for me, couldn't finish season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

Fargo season 4 production shut down as April release date delayed indefinitely

https://www.gamesradar.com/fargo-season-4-production-shut-down-as-april-release-date-delayed-indefinitely/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nooooooooooooo. I thought it was pretty much ready to go dang it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They'll be a lot of this unfortunately.

I wonder how much was remaining in production, 'cos it seemed fairly mature in development. That's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

pixelburp wrote: »
    I wonder how much was remaining in production, 'cos it seemed fairly mature in development. That's a shame.

I'd assume everything was filmed at this stage and that they were at least in post production considering the release date was late April..
    Who knows there still may be hope for late 2020 or early 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,881 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I didn't know Chris Rock was the lead in this. Great stuff

From Wiki
    The series completed production on eight of the ten episodes before production shut down. FX will determine a new premiere date once production resumes

So two left to be made

New teaser no release date yet however it must be getting close now.

Not sure how they made those final two episodes in the current situation though

Can't see Chris Rock taking the risk. Or even an insurance company willing to cover it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭brian_t

The upcoming fourth installment of Noah Hawley's FX anthology series Fargo, headlined by Chris Rock, will debut Sept. 27 with its first two episodes, directed by Hawley, airing back-to-back.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/fargo-sets-new-premiere-date-chris-rock-star-season-4-fx-series-heads-back-production-restart-1203008584/

That work they still had left to do on two episodes must've been all Post Production stuff

Looking forward to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Any indication as to when it'll be on Netflix??

Did Channel 4 or More 4 show all the previous 3 seasons?

Starts next Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Starts next Sunday.

Any idea when it will be available in Ireland on Netflix?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Do Sky show this?

Do Sky show this?

Previous series were shown on Channel 4 first, later Netflix.

Reviews well down on previous years in general

Metacritic ->

Season 1 85
    Season 2 96
    Season 3 89
    Seaons 4 65

Is season 4 out yet?

Is season 4 out yet?

This weekend with 2 episodes afaik.

Critics usually get something like the first 4 episodes I think in advance.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    This weekend with 2 episodes afaik.

Critics usually get something like the first 4 episodes I think in advance.

One outlet on which I read an early review, listed Nine episodes as being watched prior to the write-up. Which is IIRC the majority of the season (for the record they gave the Season a B)

Yes seem to have provided 9 episodes to the reviewers in this case as a couple of them mention it

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/fargo/season-4/critic-reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Any word on how to watch the new series here yet.. legally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

watched the first episode last night. have to say was very good

Jesse Buckley was great in episode 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Buckley is about the only cast member not ripped a new one in the Entertainment Weekly review!

They HATE it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,022 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Watched both episodes, very good! Took around 25 minutes before the titles came up on the first episode.
    Still not sure who shot into the car as there was no gunshot noise.
    Great final scene on episode 2

glasso wrote: »
    Reviews well down on previous years in general

Metacritic ->

Season 1 85
    Season 2 96
    Season 3 89
    Seaons 4 65

Only 65

Oof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Smegging hell

Entertaining so far, looking forward to the rest of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Webuser.

Fascinating 2 episodes I thought

The black guys thinking is so advanced it was really interesting to watch them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Will this be on Sky Atlantic soon I wonder?

Watched the first episode last night and it was pretty decent, if a little confusing

re: Jessie Buckley's nurse character:
    why did she kill the family boss? And why was she chanting/talking to herself at the end whilst staring like a loon at the house across the road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Watched the first episode last night and it was pretty decent, if a little confusing

why did she kill the family boss? And why was she chanting/talking to herself at the end whilst staring like a loon at the house across the road?

Watch episode 2 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Just watched the first 2 episodes, have to say, I absolutely loved them.

I can see what people mean about them rehashing the same Fargo formula over and over again but I'm ok with that, its still very original in my eyes.
    As noted in the post above, as is shown in episode 2, she is just a psychopath, possibly believes she is doing gods work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

1huge1 wrote: »
    Just watched the first 2 episodes, have to say, I absolutely loved them.

I can see what people mean about them rehashing the same Fargo formula over and over again but I'm ok with that, its still very original in my eyes.
    As noted in the post above, as is shown in episode 2, she is just a psychopath, possibly believes she is doing gods work
    I was expecting a concrete answer on why she murdered him. Turns out she's just absolutely nuts! Such a great character though. That scene of her baking the pie was fantastic. Even the way she was walking across the road as this high pace was terrifying!

She's stealing the show for me so far. Hope Chris Rock gets more to work with in further episodes. Like the look of his character but he hasn't got much to do yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement