Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best weather presenter on RTE

Options
  • 01-01-2020 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Never really thought about it til recently when Joanna Donnelly confused me with her charts and explanations. I understand each Met forecaster who does the weather picks their own maps and script but from those who know more than I - are some more complicated or accurate than others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Gerry and Michelle. I like her style - direct, clear and concise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

All pretty good really, but I do find Joanna to be all over the place at times!!! Especially her charts, which require a fair bit of guessing as to where everything is:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

George Lee.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Audrey McGrath :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Joanna because we have a bit of craic on Twitter sometimes and she's a cyclist too. I think she's totally into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Michelle Dillion cause she looks & sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooo irish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Definitely Michelle for me. None of them is as polished as say the BBC presenters, with things like swallowing mid-sentence, etc., but she's the best.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Michelle Dillon one of the best I think too, gave a great forecast last night after the evening news, matter of fact , thorough and confident and backed with good informative graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Michelle Dillon one of the best I think too, gave a great forecast last night after the evening news, matter of fact , thorough and confident and backed with good informative graphics.

Agree with you about Michelle. Jean also comes across well IMO, confident and thorough. Are they both from Kerry? Must be something in the water there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Michelle is from West Clare, I believe.

I thought her forecast last night was excellent. She imparted an awful lot of information very clearly, never missing a beat and her delivery is so precise and confident. I think she's one of the best presenters we've seen in recent years.

I believe she has a qualification in aviation meteorology.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

esposito wrote: »
    Agree with you about Michelle. Jean also comes across well IMO, confident and thorough. Are they both from Kerry? Must be something in the water there.

Close.

Michelle Dillon Tullycrine County Clare
    Jean Byrne Tarbert Co Kerry

Must be all that fresh Atlantic Air :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Michelle Dillon is excellent.I love her West Clare accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Comhra wrote: »
    Michelle is from West Clare, I believe.

I thought her forecast last night was excellent. She imparted an awful lot of information very clearly, never missing a beat and her delivery is so precise and confident. I think she's one of the best presenters we've seen in recent years.

I believe she has a qualification in aviation meteorology.

Yes, she used to be an aviation forecaster at Shannon before making the swithch. She gave a good IMS talk in the Customs House a few years ago. She's the best since the Eagle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Michelle is getting better each time she's on. Siobhan Ryan is improving too.

Advertisement