Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

He's not of the queen's lineage anyway.
    Hewett and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Given a choice a decision most of us would make.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

She can quit if she wants but how can he quit as a senior royal ? In the not to distant future his father will become king and then his brother and nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

It will save the British tax payer some money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

because he is not going to be king and they are!!
    because he can do whatever he wants!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

NSAman wrote: »
    It will save the British tax payer some money!

I don’t get this argument, the amount of tourism the royals bring into UK is massive. I would have thought they are well covering their costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Seems to be a sound lad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

They can move to North America and after a couple of months they will just be another celebrity. If they move to Los Angeles it will be a couple of weeks. It's a no brainier co spidering the constant abuse from the British Tabloid "media".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

If he foregos the perks for being a senior Royal, I say good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

The dog on the street know there is no royal blood in either of them so no biggee

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    She can quit if she wants but how can he quit as a senior royal ? In the not to distant future his father will become king and then his brother and nephew.

But not him. He’s now too far down the line to ever have a chance at being King.

They’re doing the right thing. William and Kate are the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I could see something like this happening or the marriage ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Can't listen to them since they gave the climate change lecture after stepping out of private jet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

He’s dead right, now he can go and live his own life.

It’ll be interesting if Andrew now follows suit, he’s even further down the pecking order than Harry and both Charles and William are in favour of a trimmed down royal family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Treppen wrote: »
    He's not of the queen's lineage anyway.
    Hewett and all that.
    The dog on the street know there is no royal blood in either of them so no biggee

He looks way more like Prince Philip than he does James Hewitt.

I have to agree with you there. He’s very like the young Prince Philip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Any suspicion that maybe this was a mutual agreement between the royal family and themselves? Recently the point was raised that since Meghan is a US citizen there are tax implications...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

He probably found out the Saxe-Goethe-Coburg's murdered his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Good for them - the press never really gave Megan a chance and I'd say Harry's real calling is charitable work anyway. It's not like he'll ever sit on the throne.

I hope they're very happy in their new life away from the royal cesspit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I know it's kind of funny to suggest that he's no relation to the English Queen, but apart from the red hair (something he shares with a number of Diana Spencer's relatives), he looks nothing like Hewitt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

pc7 wrote: »
    I don’t get this argument, the amount of tourism the royals bring into UK is massive. I would have thought they are well covering their costs.

The tourists see their palaces, from a distance, pretty sure they don't get to have a chat with queenie or anyone else.

The Palace of Versailles has coped quite well without an actual living royal using it for quite some time.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

'Financially independent' - will be interesting to see how that works out, perhaps all those private jet holidays can be paid for by signing up to an ad agency to sell cola or shampoo.
    The uk taxpayers will still have to fork out the £0.6m annual security costs regardless, and so likely all those flights back and forth.
    Unless it's remote Canada the press hounds will still be looking for regular photos and interviews.

Best idea would be to head off to some remote island e.g. off Scotland and start a low-cost, green, organic, self-sufficient (solar panels/wind) farming lifestlye (with just the odd weekly podcast/sponsored tweet).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

He's punching way above his weight there. She's an attractive, successful woman and he's just a former soldier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

touts wrote: »
    They can move to North America and after a couple of months they will just be another celebrity. If they move to Los Angeles it will be a couple of weeks. It's a no brainier co spidering the constant abuse from the British Tabloid "media".

I presume they are going to trade on the royal titles to earn a living in the US. They definitely wont just be "another celebrity" and probably don't want to be. The US will lap up the royal connection, unlike the UK and even the royal family themselves who seem to be sick of their behaviour of going against royal tradition, snubbing functions, trying to "modernise" the monarchy etc. (Not that theres anything particularly wrong with that to regular people but to fans of the family and the institution itself there clearly is)

I await their appearances on Oprah etc and of course, they will still need protection which presumably will be funded by the UK taxpayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I presume they are going to trade on the royal titles to earn a living in the US. They definitely wont just be "another celebrity" and probably don't want to be. The US will lap up the royal connection, unlike the UK and even the royal family themselves who seem to be sick of their behaviour of going against royal tradition etc, snubbing functions, trying to "modernise" the monarchy etc.

Aunt fergie style.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

MrAbyss wrote: »
    He probably found out the Saxe-Goethe-Coburg's murdered his mother.

I think Megan is getting the blame. (Well on social media.)
    she would have been around 16 at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So Philip banged Diana as well???!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

colm_mcm wrote: »
    she would have been around 16 at the time!

I didn't mean to quote that post.
    I meant she's getting the blame for them pulling back ties from the Royal Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭oceancat

i suppose it makes since seeing that he isnt even there blood

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

oceancat wrote: »
    i suppose it makes since seeing that he isnt even there blood

That sentence is a grammar nazi’s wet dream.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement