Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETrade Cashing cheque issue

Options
  • 07-01-2020 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭

Has anyone cashed a ETrade cheque lately?

I lodged mine and got a call from Permanent TSB saying they needed to send it back to the States for clearance.

This is only the second time I have cashed a cheque from them & first time there were no issues.

Has something changed in the last year?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

baldbear wrote: »
    Has anyone cashed a ETrade cheque lately?

I lodged mine and got a call from Permanent TSB saying they needed to send it back to the States for clearance.

This is only the second time I have cashed a cheque from them & first time there were no issues.

Has something changed in the last year?

A cheque has to be sent for collection to the issuing bank, that is how the system works. If the cheque was issued by a US bank, then it hast be sent there for collection, nothing new there. Some banks at their discretion may credit you account before the cheque has actual been collected... perhaps that changed in your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

If you use eTRade a bit, might be worth setting up a Wire transfer for the future. It's less hassle. If you have a Revolut account even better as you then get a better exchange rate then from your bank.

Advertisement