Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll barrier stayed up after car in front of me.

Options
  • 04-01-2020 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I used the self serve lane where you drop the change in the basket. The barrier stayed up after the car in front of me. The toll worker came over the speaker and told me it had read my tag and to move on. I explained that I don’t have a tag and that I hadn’t paid because the barrier never came down. She sounded irritated and said “just go on there it read the tag” So I moved on but now I’m worried that I’ll get a fine or something because I didn’t pay and she seemed insistent that I had a tag.

Does anyone know if they send out fines and who I could contact to explain the situation and ensure I don’t get one.

Thanks.

Comments

Worst case scenario is you'll have to pay the €1.90 or whatever it was.

However if you're truly worried about it and want to put your mind at total ease...

Which toll bridge was it?

If it was N25, it'd be www.southlink.ie.

If it was M7/M8 it'd be www.midlink.ie

Etc.

You'd go there and find contact info.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TuamJ

Worst case scenario is you'll have to pay the €1.90 or whatever it was.

However if you're truly worried about it and want to put your mind at total ease...

Which toll bridge was it?

If it was N25, it'd be www.southlink.ie.

If it was M7/M8 it'd be www.midlink.ie

Etc.

You'd go there and find contact info.

Cheers. Was the M8. First time someone refused my money and didn’t want to get a big fine in the door. I’ll give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

TuamJ wrote: »
    Cheers. Was the M8. First time someone refused my money and didn’t want to get a big fine in the door. I’ll give them a shout.

Perhaps it read the tag of the car in the next lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

I used the self serve lane where you drop the change in the basket. The barrier stayed up after the car in front of me. The toll worker came over the speaker and told me it had read my tag and to move on. I explained that I don’t have a tag and that I hadn’t paid because the barrier never came down. She sounded irritated and said “just go on there it read the tag” So I moved on but now I’m worried that I’ll get a fine or something because I didn’t pay and she seemed insistent that I had a tag.

Does anyone know if they send out fines and who I could contact to explain the situation and ensure I don’t get one.

Thanks.

Happened me a few times. Barrier stayed up and I drove through without putting coins in basket. Never any follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Thanks.

Do you have an eflow video account for M 50 toll? I have only used M8 toll once but had the same experience as you and I was told this was the reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

It happened me on the east link before, I rang them after in case there was a fine/repercussions. The guy said there'd be no follow-up

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Surely if the lane has a basket for exact coins then you can only get through by paying cash or you have a working tag i.e. it is not a freeeflow lane so the issue of being photographed and fined for not paying later doesn't arise?

Advertisement