Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Chemical Romance Gigs

• 03-01-2020 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Has anyone heard anything about MCR playing Ireland or UK ? Was expecting them to be announced for Coachella but they are not playing there. Surely they can't just play Oz / NZ and Japan ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Has anyone heard anything about MCR playing Ireland or UK ? Was expecting them to be announced for Coachella but they are not playing there. Surely they can't just play Oz / NZ and Japan ?

a UK stadium date is the rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

bennyl10 wrote: »
    a UK stadium date is the rumour.

Or Reading Leeds maybe ?

Or Reading Leeds maybe ?

i thought that, hope not though. stadium date would be lovely

i thought that, hope not though. stadium date would be lovely

What's your source for the UK Arena ? Is it just one gig or an Arena tour of UK/Ireland ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Or Reading Leeds maybe ?

They might do the secret set at Reading then headline next year?

• Advertisement

They might do the secret set at Reading then headline next year?

Are there any similarities with the secret sets, do you know ? Like do they favour reunions or anything else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

I'm hearing a lot of rumors they'll be playing the Milton Keynes Bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Lots of rumours yet. They may do a festival tour of Europe this Summer.

DylanB85 wrote: »
    I'm hearing a lot of rumors they'll be playing the Milton Keynes Bowl

I heard stadium MK

I heard stadium MK

I wonder if the Milton Keynes rumours from the same source that said they were definitely doing Coachella .....

• Advertisement

I wonder if the Milton Keynes rumours from the same source that said they were definitely doing Coachella .....

Apparently they were booked for Coachella but pulled out due to their placing on the bill.
    Like decent American magazines, who had the lineup, had all but confirmed McR were playing.

And the leaks are exactly what was announced only without MCR being there.

Apparently they were booked for Coachella but pulled out due to their placing on the bill.
    Like decent American magazines, who had the lineup, had all but confirmed McR were playing.

And the leaks are exactly what was announced only without MCR being there.

They should come and headline at Reading Leeds, it would be huge. We can but hope !

MCR just tweeted 🇬🇧
    UK & Ireland Tour hopefully 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

could be a few shows in places like london (o2 or Wembley Arena) and Manchester etc

be nice to get a full UK and Ireland tour, would really add to the early 2000's nostallgic year with the Mega Hella tour also happening

Mr.S wrote: »
    I’d say they will be a shoe in for Reading & Leads this summer and a couple of other Europe festivals, then jump into a world-tour in late 2020/2021.

Great memories of the 2005 show in Dublin :D

They posted last night at 20:11, the last year they were in UK. Hoping for an announcement tonight at 20:20 ;)

I’d say they will be a shoe in for Reading & Leads this summer and a couple of other Europe festivals, then jump into a world-tour in late 2020/2021.

Great memories of the 2005 show in Dublin :D

Could be the RDS in August similar to last years

I hope not.

RDS is an awful venue imo - both the arena and the shed that is (was? haven't seen it used in years) Simmonscourt.

3Arena would be much better, plus I'd be surprised if they could fill that these days!

Don’t underestimate MCR - their Return is huge, and would sell out wherever they decided to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Seriously doubt they will do any festivals on their return, it's FAR too lucrative to do their own dates first, just as GnR did.

Most of 2020 doing their own stadium tour, although how they're big enough for stadiums i'll never know, rake in the cash, then hit the festival circuit in 2021 charging big bucks.

listening over a few pints on spotify

im back to my 16 year self, they have some tunes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I can't imagine anything worse, what I picture in my head is a crowd of extreme feminists with pink hair. Probably like the time I stood 5th row from the stage at the Evanescence concert, I was really pushed around by those screaming feminists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I can't imagine anything worse, what I picture in my head is a crowd of extreme feminists with pink hair. Probably like the time I stood 5th row from the stage at the Evanescence concert, I was really pushed around by those screaming feminists.

If people you don't knows (your assumed) outlook on life or hair colour bothers you so much the problem clearly isn't them ya know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Don’t underestimate MCR - their Return is huge, and would sell out wherever they decided to go.

Yea id say if they do play Ireland it will more then likely be the 3Arena as they wouldnt have a hope of selling out the RDS.

Yea id say if they do play Ireland it will more then likely be the 3Arena as they wouldnt have a hope of selling out the RDS.

Maybe with decent support they might sell enough

Expecting announcement in the coming week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Debatable!
    Not sure about a sell out but it’d be decent selling imho, (if twenty one pilots are considered that level mcr must) versus doing dublin and belfast on an arena run.

Would be a good booking.

UK June date all but confirmed, probably Download.

Download has its headliners

MK bowl on June 20th is the prevailing rumour

I thought the dates from the glyph alphabet matched Downloads?

Standalone date would be much better!

All the gig showed was June 2020 afaik

MK is what I’ve been hearing anyway?
    Download would be awful.. primarily because I don’t rant a festival

Promoters sure love there June gigs. The month can get so congested and impossible for the fans

Doubt we will get an Irish gig

Looking like a June release of new album. Do your own research on the cryptic post ! They will not be in UK until August

Looking like a June release of new album. Do your own research on the cryptic post ! They will not be in UK until August

What’s the UKflag about them?
    Becuase all the symbols in the post add up to:
    J U N E UKflag 2020,

Unless you’ve put your eggs in a reading basket? Which doesn’t add in with anything.

• Advertisement

What’s the UKflag about them?
    Becuase all the symbols in the post add up to:
    J U N E UKflag 2020,

Unless you’ve put your eggs in a reading basket? Which doesn’t add in with anything.[/quote

The theme is Witches. June 10th is the date of the first Salem witch murder - she was English, google it.

Advertisement