Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CME Futures Micro lots

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

Mach 3 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering have any of you guys tried the Micro lots from CME Group? It is 1/10 the size of e=minis and seems to be geared towards the retail trader.

https://www.cmegroup.com/education/frequently-asked-questions-micro-e-mini-equity-index-futures.html

What are the Pro's /Cons?

tried out day trading for a little bit when I had more spare time and was on these for currencies
    for one thing they don't have a spread as far as I remember, so you can trade smaller timeframes/price movements more efficiently

Just would need to monitor a chart some day and see if the liquidity is there and no erratic spikes and stuff - basically **** that will **** up your trading

Also with spot you can be more precise with your position - with micros it is fixed at the minimum and I found for me that even the min size micro lot left me with a bigger stop than my risk management dictated - depends on how much you are risking per trade of course

Personally went back to trading spot fx as you will need some sort of paid package to see live data and I just found spot more convenient - also if you want to trade them you will need to go through a specific broker like Dorman for example, maybe through the Ninja Trader platform - good luck!

Advertisement