Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broker suggestions in Ireland for Share transfer

• 02-01-2020 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Just wondering on recommendations for a broker in Ireland to transfer shares from a US based broker. I have shares in the company i work for and these were transferred to computershare in the US when they matured. I would rather have an Irish based broker to have these held by.

Not too knowledgeable on it all but it looks like Degiro might be a good option? In the future i intend on maybe investing more money outside of the work scheme but for the moment i just need an account for the shares that mature each year.

Papa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

I'm sure you'll be charged an arm and a leg, probably best of just selling the shares and transferring the money over then. Irish brokers charge a fortune because they are so small and often act as intermediaries for the larger firms, best off using Degiro it's NL based but it is one of the best out of all the options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

JMMCapital wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll be charged an arm and a leg, probably best of just selling the shares and transferring the money over then. Irish brokers charge a fortune because they are so small and often act as intermediaries for the larger firms, best off using Degiro it's NL based but it is one of the best out of all the options.

Thanks JMM, hoping to put the money towards a house deposit this year so might as well go ahead and cash them out as you suggested. Will get the Degiro account setup for the future transfers.

Advertisement