Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Up the Comeragh mountains today. She didn't skip a beat.
    49287039948_5e6a680ff3_c.jpg

49287035673_0b8b885e94_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Was sick all over Christmas so the Golf was parked up since then. Got out in it this evening. It is fairly dirty at the minute as had planned on washing it before Christmas but never got too. Whenever I don't drive it for a few days it always gives me a new appreciation for it. It really is a lovely car to drive it is not mad quick but has a level of power which makes it effortless to pull away and accelerate to a cruising speed. I have criticised it on here for different things but at the core of it all it is an impressive car and good all rounder which I feel lucky to own especially as there isn't that many Mk7.5 ones going around.

498602.jpg

498601.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Nice day to take the Fiesta for a spin up the Wicklow mountains. You never really notice how bumpy the roads are until you take a car up with 35 year old suspension.

D5Kk68x.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

I did my own not long after I got it. Makes a massive difference for small money

L9R5CZN

Where can u get them black grills looking to do my own as she’s needs a little pick me up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Where can u get them black grills looking to do my own as she’s needs a little pick me up ?

Ali Express. They were dirt cheap and do the job fine. I got those, LED bulb kit (interior, number plates etc), gearknob (which is surprisingly good quality) for €40. delivered in 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Technique

Really smart. Swap the plates for some nice clean pressed ones and it will finish it nicely.

What are the pressed plates from eireplates like? The samples on their website look a bit off. Are the actual plates nicer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Wailin wrote: »
    Up the Comeragh mountains today. She didn't skip a beat.

I think I passed by this on the Naas Dual Carriageway earlier. It looks great in the flesh, nice and high off the ground too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

I think I passed by this on the Naas Dual Carriageway earlier. It looks great in the flesh, nice and high off the ground too!

Yes I'd say it was me alright!

Technique wrote: »
    What are the pressed plates from eireplates like? The samples on their website look a bit off. Are the actual plates nicer?

These are eireplates.Good quality but pricey. Plates and surrounds were €70 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You paid €70 for plates?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

With surrounds

colm_mcm wrote: »
    With surrounds

Ok but €70 that seems way to steep....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

€70 for plates is steep.

I paid €40 for my black ZV ones in Parts for Cars in Blanchardstown and they are spot on.

Just rechecked, they were €58 back in January.

I probably won't spend that again tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Top Part motor factors will do them for you. They have to order them from Tralee but they will deliver within a few days.

I paid €30 or €35 for a set in Limerick, Stonebridge Motor Factors.

The motor factors near the train station in Limerick does all those fake dealer surrounds too, if that’s your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I know they're expensive but Eire plates are much better quality than my local (and very decent) factors produce. The old vagdrivers discount code still works and delivery or collection is rarely an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

@CIP4, lovely GTi. Can you tell me how to embed pics from the attachment?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

hooch-85 wrote: »

When in the popup screen where you upload attachments right click on the link there and it will open in your browser and just copy and paste that link in the insert image from where you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

hooch-85 wrote: »

Click on the attachment to open it then copy the URL address at the top. Then in the message the top tool bar there is an icon which is yellow with mountains on it. Click that and paste the URL for the image. The URL will appear on the message then and when you post it the image should be embedded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Keeping good company at the Hodson bay yesterday.

hodson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

CIP4 wrote: »
    Click on the attachment to open it then copy the URL address at the top. Then in the message the top tool bar there is an icon which is yellow with mountains on it. Click that and paste the URL for the image. The URL will appear on the message then and when you post it the image should be embedded.

Cool, edited one of my earlier posts and this works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Lol that's definitely a Marlow mobile in the background...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I did my own not long after I got it. Makes a massive difference for small money

https://ibb.co/L9R5CZN

Did the same on mine and it makes a huge difference....until your OCD kicks in and you realise that it doesn't match the black mesh underneath and on the fog lights :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Gave it a wash this morning, first one in a good long time.

We've had a good time together but our time is short now. EnCiTi in two weeks time then I'll be putting it up for sale.

:pac:20191231-154250.jpg

Company Passat?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Company VAG product alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

AES in Eastway do a set of plates for €20. Plastic printed plates but great quality.

Company VAG product alright!

Areon???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Areon???

T-Cross Life 95ps I'd say :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement