Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo experience not good so far

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

JAMCAR wrote: »
    It's definitely a eir 4G tower, my phone is working fine, my wife has the same handset as me, she is getting 4G no problem, All settings are correct, its just like 4G is dedeactivated on my account, Gomo are looking it to it for me, its be 5 days now,

Very weird! Hope you get it sorted.

Might be worth just checking the Data settings on your wife's phone and yours side by side, just in case there was some anomaly with the automated settings... other than that it must be a network-side issue on your account, I suppose.

Have you tried swapping sims (does your sim's data connection improve in your wife's phone, or your wife's data speed drop in your phone)? May be worth a go to narrow down where the problem lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Very weird! Hope you get it sorted.

Might be worth just checking the Data settings on your wife's phone and yours side by side, just in case there was some anomaly with the automated settings... other than that it must be a network-side issue on your account, I suppose.

Have you tried swapping sims (does your sim's data connection improve in your wife's phone, or your wife's data speed drop in your phone)? May be worth a go to narrow down where the problem lies.

I swapped sim cards and I still cannot get 4G, but my wifes sim can get 4G in my phone, but mine can't in her phone. I have also tried the sim card in Samsung galaxy J6 IPhone 8 plus and a xiaomi mi mix 3 5g handset, still only getting 3G in a 4G area
    This is my 3rd sim card replaced so the problem is definitely on there side.
    Just a waiting game now,

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Just want to echo an issue Ontheair79 reported a month ago. Like him/her I have had roaming issues in Poland.
    Was there for work last week, worked fine when I arrived, but after 2 days , no service whatsoever. Tried SIM in different phone, same issue, tried different SIM in my phone and no issue.

Reported it to their customer service (no calls/SMS/data service), the utterly stupid response was to change the APN, which obviously didn't solve anything. Since then no word back from them. Appalling really.

When I had a stop in Amsterdam yesterday, all of a sudden it worked again, so definitely an issue they have with their Polish partner (Play)

So any of you going to Poland, take a backup solution, and for anyone having any other issues , it is clear now to me that their customer service is utterly useless. But again for a tenner a month, what should we really expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

JAMCAR wrote: »

I swapped sim cards and I still cannot get 4G, but my wifes sim can get 4G in my phone, but mine can't in her phone. I have also tried the sim card in Samsung galaxy J6 IPhone 8 plus and a xiaomi mi mix 3 5g handset, still only getting 3G in a 4G area

This is my 3rd sim card replaced so the problem is definitely on there side.
    Just a waiting game now,

That rules out everything your end then... including the sim card -- if you're on your third one it can't be the sim -- got to be some account setting on the network side of things.

Think GoMo have to go through Eir technicians to get anything done on the network side of things... which slows an already painfully slow process down even more, with them acting as a go-between. It's nuts, because they're essentially the same company.

I've found Twitter DM the best route for support. Hope they get it sorted for you soon.

That rules out everything your end then... including the sim card -- if you're on your third one it can't be the sim -- got to be some account setting on the network side of things.

Think GoMo have to go through Eir technicians to get anything done on the network side of things... which slows an already painfully slow process down even more, with them acting as a go-between. It's nuts, because they're essentially the same company.

I've found Twitter DM the best route for support. Hope they get it sorted for you soon.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

My brother scheduled his existing number to port this morning at 8am.

He can make calls and send sms messages but cannot receive calls or sms messages. Gomo support say that porting can take up to 24 hours to fully complete.

It doesn't seem right to me that porting can happen in two phases i.e. incoming and outgoing.

Is this correct?

Páid wrote: »

He can make calls and send sms messages but cannot receive calls or sms messages. Gomo support say that porting can take up to 24 hours to fully complete.

It doesn't seem right to me that porting can happen in two phases i.e. incoming and outgoing.

The same happen to me, I was stuck between two networks I could make calls send texts with Gomo. To receive calls I had to turn my Virgin Mobile sim on. Which I ported over from it took nearly a week of complaining to sort it out
    Was told it was a sim card issue, had 3 new sim cards and that didn't sort it. It was a problem on their side,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Mrs went to work yesterday evening and wasnt able to use her phone / data or calls.
    I had tried calling her also and went straight to voicemail. As soon as she got home and connected to wifi everything started coming in.

Turned wifi off and tested - again nothing working. Turned on airplane mode, and then off again and that seemed to resolve the issue.
    Anyone had any experience of this type of issue? Bloody well annoying. Will be moving the number back to Vodafone if this continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Páid wrote: »

Is this correct?

I had a similar problem , Gomo would not accept complaint until after 24 hours.

Emailed after 25 hours promised reply within 2 days .
    Then tweeted DM after 26 hours, service restored eventually after 28.5 hours.

Got reply to my Email 8 days later advising me to swap sim into another handset.

Some customer service .

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

I’m having similar problem. Can make calls and sent txts but can’t receive either.. Tried turning ooff/on the airplane mode but no change. Ported earlier today so I’m hoping all will be miraculously well tomorrow!
    Actually can’t send txts - they were sending when iMessage on. Once turned off won’t send .

• Advertisement

So 24 hours have passed and outgoing calls and sms work but nobody can ring or text the number.

He keeps getting a canned response from Gomo support to say that they are looking into it.

My brother cannot even port away because he cannot receive calls or texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

In the last Comreg quarterly report they bragged about a new better industry wide porting system but porting seems to be getting worse. Comreg need to do a deep dive into what all the main causes are of porting problems are and put in place industry wide changes.

Latest is that Gomo have 10 working days to respond to the Comreg complaint lodged. That means no number for Christmas.

Because my brother cannot receive calls or texts he cannot port to another provider.

It seems ridiculous that a provider can hold a number to ransom like this and noone can reverse it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Went for the deal but is this not just a sneaky type of bill pay where charges are added to your bill? At least in payg you have complete control

• Registered Users Posts: 4 inisviews

Been waiting three days for my number to port over to Gomo, is there anyway of getting my number back to my old network again.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Went for the deal but is this not just a sneaky type of bill pay where charges are added to your bill? At least in payg you have complete control

I'll be travelling through NI next week and I'm worried I'll pick up extra charges.. is the UK covered under roaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

carolmon wrote: »
    I'll be travelling through NI next week and I'm worried I'll pick up extra charges.. is the UK covered under roaming?

As of now it still falls under EU roaming so you will be covered

inisviews wrote: »
    Been waiting three days for my number to port over to Gomo, is there anyway of getting my number back to my old network again.
    What exactly is the problem? Has the number ported over at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbKer

I feel I have to write yet again about yet another positive experience with Gomo....Aside from my parents and myself all porting over, both my siblings also organised to port over to Gomo (Ordered on Sunday 15th, Sims arrived 7 days later) and porting went ahead on Friday 20th as planned with no hiccups. I know a lot of people are having various issues which is rather unfortunate but I have nothing but good to say so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mrsmalooly

Just changed over to gomo a couple of days ago, have not been able to access mobile data, can use WiFi from home broadband. I’m going to call into an Eir shop in town later, any ideas? I checked APN settings, they match recommended. I’m not tech savvy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 inisviews

No, the number never ported over and no one can contact me on my old number now.

inisviews wrote: »
    No, the number never ported over and no one can contact me on my old number now.
    Contact them on Twitter and via Chat on their website.

They had an issue with routing last week that they didn't make public. Ask to have your case escalated to a technical member of staff. It's not reasonable to be without your number over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Pekarirska

mrsmalooly wrote: »
    Just changed over to gomo a couple of days ago, have not been able to access mobile data, can use WiFi from home broadband. I’m going to call into an Eir shop in town later, any ideas? I checked APN settings, they match recommended. I’m not tech savvy!

I have a Gomo SIM in a router providing WiFi around the house. The APN settings are left blank. Do have problems connecting to the WiFi sometimes, especially if the phone/computer are not close enough to the router.

Gomo customer care advised me to use the APN data.myeirmobile.ie... but haven't given it a go yet.

It's tenner a month at end of the day and works fine most of the time ;-)

Pekarirska wrote: »
    I have a Gomo SIM in a router providing WiFi around the house. The APN settings are left blank. Do have problems connecting to the WiFi sometimes, especially if the phone/computer are not close enough to the router.

Gomo customer care advised me to use the APN data.myeirmobile.ie... but haven't given it a go yet.

It's tenner a month at end of the day and works fine most of the time ;-)

Then your issue is with the WiFi signal on your router and and not GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tandcapply

Had worst experience recently after a month of no issues. On the 17th of this month, we lost all network signal in my area of Dun Laoghaire. Werr told days later via return email response that a mast is down in our area and no eta for a fix.

Both our numbers are with gomo so we've no way of recieving calls or texts when home, which is most of the time.

Not sure what to do.
    If anyone has an idea or similar problem I would love to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Pekarirska wrote: »
    Gomo customer care advised me to use the APN data.myeirmobile.ie...

That's interesting. My apn is set to data.mymeteor.ie. I wonder if there's any difference between the two or if both perform the same.

My only issue so far is the data speeds and signal. Sometimes data will drop to H or even E and not return to 4G for a significant amount of time unless I toggle airplane mode.

tandcapply wrote: »
    Had worst experience recently after a month of no issues. On the 17th of this month, we lost all network signal in my area of Dun Laoghaire. Werr told days later via return email response that a mast is down in our area and no eta for a fix.

Both our numbers are with gomo so we've no way of recieving calls or texts when home, which is most of the time.

Not sure what to do.
    If anyone has an idea or similar problem I would love to know.

They were upgrading the network that day, it was listed here

https://www.eir.ie/mobilenetworkupgrade/

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tandcapply

They were upgrading the network that day, it was listed here

https://www.eir.ie/mobilenetworkupgrade/

Thanks Kenny, but we're still without signal, 8 days and counting.
    Nothing I can do about this without moving providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

tandcapply wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny, but we're still without signal, 8 days and counting.
    Nothing I can do about this without moving providers.

No signal for 8 days in South county Dublin.

Fairly sure that this would be a bigger story were that really the case...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

Irish_rat wrote: »

Of course it's 'bill pay', that's made clear from the get go !

Have no idea what you're getting at with 'sneaky type' ??
    And what exactly are these 'charges' you mention ??

Your post makes little or no sense, if you are trying to infer some type of underhand practice or suchlike at least try and corroborate it with some evidence.

Advertisement