Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackass 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Overweight middle aged men trying to re-live their 20’s.

Anyone who pays to see it will be the Jackass I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Middle aged might be a stretch, Knoxville will be 50 when this comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Middle aged might be a stretch, Knoxville will be 50 when this comes out.

?

"According to the Oxford English Dictionary middle age is between about 45 and 65"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Explains why I saw Steve-o and Knoxville on separate interviews lately in the last few weeks. Starting the hype a bit early I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Goodshape wrote: »
    ?

"According to the Oxford English Dictionary middle age is between about 45 and 65"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_age
    Huh, I would have said it was younger. Seems I'm still a young adult for another few years so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

tenor.gif?itemid=5245718

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Jackass had a time, and that time has long passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

Effects wrote: »
    Jackass had a time, and that time has long passed.

In fairness given it's massive popularity I don't think they milked it too much. The last movie was nearly 10 years ago and it was their most successful.
    It is possible if Ryan Dunne hadn't died they would have done more in the years since.
    Happy enough with the news, however it will be interesting now that the likes of Steve-0 has grown up and sobered up will he still do the crazy stuff for the camera.
    Bam on the other hand seems to have gone off the rails all together in the years since the last movie and his mates Dunne's death. Lots of drugs and booze and is barely recognisable from his mid 00's heyday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Acosta wrote: »
    In fairness given it's massive popularity I don't think they milked it too much. The last movie was nearly 10 years ago and it was their most successful.
    It is possible if Ryan Dunne hadn't died they would have done more in the years since.
    Happy enough with the news, however it will be interesting now that the likes of Steve-0 has grown up and sobered up will he still do the crazy stuff for the camera.
    Bam on the other hand seems to have gone off the rails all together in the years since the last movie and his mates Dunne's death. Lots of drugs and booze and is barely recognisable from his mid 00's heyday.

Bam looks like his fat old man now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

Bam looks like his fat old man now.

Unfortunately for him that is true. He's also made his booze and drugs issues very public by cashing in on it going on a VH1 rehab reality tv show and Dr.Phil. Real bottom of the barrel stuff. As well as being filmed on camera phones in the middle of various benders making a fool of himself. Pretty sad stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is this one these brands like Johnny English or Top Cat that nobody in the west cares about anymore, but remains hugely popular elsewhere like Asia? Some fat cheque from China encouraging the group to form again for one last, middle age hurrah? And being 39 I guess I myself am on the cusp of buying that sports car :D

As said, Jackass had its time and pop culture has moved far past the simple pleasures of watching grown men injure themselves; we live in a world of Logan Paul now. Weep for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I enjoyed the previous three, I'd be willing to give this a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

pixelburp wrote: »
    Is this one these brands like Johnny English or Top Cat that nobody in the west cares about anymore, but remains hugely popular elsewhere like Asia? Some fat cheque from China encouraging the group to form again for one last, middle age hurrah? And being 39 I guess I myself am on the cusp of buying that sports car :D
    I'd guess it's just cheap to make.

So, Boards' main demographic then?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

2 years to make, wtf? A month would be more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Acosta wrote: »

Yeah seems like the booze is going to get the better of him, just like it did his uncle. I doubt any of them will want to work with him at this stage anyway, he seems to have burned a few bridges.

Advertisement