Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney paper shares inIreland

Options
  • 12-12-2019 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

I want to buy a share in Disney as a gift for someone. They do particularly attractive paper shares which can be framed.

Can anyone advise the best way to get hold of one of these in Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The normal procedure is to buy the shares + fees and then ask the broker to deliver up the physical certificates and pay the fee for that.

No idea what the certs will look like and it will probably take a while to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Thanks. Any recommendations for a broker?

I not familiar with the local brokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I don't believe Disney issue actual paper shares anymore, I think you originally could request a paper certificate for a few but that appears to be no longer an option.

heffo500 wrote: »
    I don't believe Disney issue actual paper shares anymore, I think you originally could request a paper certificate for a few but that appears to be no longer an option.

All companies registered with the SEC must issue physical share certificates and that includes Disney.

• Advertisement
Advertisement