Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas lights -battery powered

• 13-12-2019 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

So the battery powered LED outdoor lights I got in woodies are a bit crap..got warm white but they're terribly faint no matter how good the battery I'm using. Can anyone recommend any other outdoor led lights? They have to be battery powered though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Joe390

yellow hen wrote: »
    So the battery powered LED outdoor lights I got in woodies are a bit crap..got warm white but they're terribly faint no matter how good the battery I'm using. Can anyone recommend any other outdoor led lights? They have to be battery powered though.

Wispys have good set's of battery lights. Multicoloured or warm /cool white. Timer so they go on and off themself's at a certain time. Just put something over the battery controller box to keep it dry as there not overly waterproof boxes.
    Have a few set's here over 6 years old. Just take the batteries out when your leaving them up for the year and they'll be sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Joe390 wrote: »
    Wispys have good set's of battery lights. Multicoloured or warm /cool white. Timer so they go on and off themself's at a certain time. Just put something over the battery controller box to keep it dry as there not overly waterproof boxes.
    Have a few set's here over 6 years old. Just take the batteries out when your leaving them up for the year and they'll be sound.

Thanks. Is wispys a typo?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I bought some from Lenahans hardware online; planning to try them later today so will let you know\… indoor though. They have outdoor ones too.

Graces7 wrote: »
    I bought some from Lenahans hardware online; planning to try them later today so will let you know\… indoor though. They have outdoor ones too.

Thanks. Bringing the woodies ones back today anyway. Only took about about an hour to get them off the trees :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

I got some in B&Q yesterday, they’re blue and white and light is very good. Most lights were reduced there yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Joe390

Thanks. Is wispys a typo?

Nope here's a link to one of the stores Facebook.
    https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Discount-Store/Wispys-Discount-Stores-929958283718558/

My LED battery lights are excellent. Bright and pretty...

My LED battery lights are excellent. Bright and pretty...

From where? I got new lights and woodies and they're still a but meh. I'm beginning to think warm white is not the way to go.

From where? I got new lights and woodies and they're still a but meh. I'm beginning to think warm white is not the way to go.

Lenehans.ie Hardware online. Fast delivery as I can only shop mail order . Mine are multi coloured but they have white.

Lenehans.ie Hardware online. Fast delivery as I can only shop mail order . Mine are multi coloured but they have white.

Oh sorry Graces7, I didn't twig you were the same poster as earlier. Must try lenehans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I'd say if you're going with battery powered or solar powered prepare to be disappointed. You won't get much more than a dull glow. That's the nature of the product.

Beg to disagree...
    antix80 wrote: »
    I'd say if you're going with battery powered or solar powered prepare to be disappointed. You won't get much more than a dull glow. That's the nature of the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

i got some from homestore and more.

doing the job well.

battery lights are never going to be as bright as plug in though.

Beg to disagree...

Plug in a set of lights next to them.

And if you still think they're not that bad, wait a few days and look again.

As I have said, mine are fine and bright..

End of discussion for me. Blessings and bye.

As I have said, mine are fine and bright..

End of discussion for me. Blessings and bye.

Sounds like you're low on vitamin k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Raven Modern Meatball

antix80 wrote: »
    Even low voltage LEDs on 24v mains will massively outshine battery lights. We have a couple of sets of battery ones for a spot too far from a socket but they are poor enough after a few hours on new batteries.

Advertisement