Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Russia out of the Olympics and World cup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

I'll be honest im suspicous about anything anti russia at the moment. Any day now they'll be telling us Russia is responsible for global warming, AIDs, cancer and Putin wants to cancel Xmas.

One day the bear is going to bite back and we'll regret all the prodding it with a stick.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Just waiting for Kenya to be added to the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

They're out of the 2023 Rugby World Cup too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Limpy wrote: »
    Just waiting for Kenya to be added to the list.

While I've no doubt that there is a ped problem in Kenya, I'd be of the opinion that it's not state run.. could well be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

and yet no sanctions for Nike, remember that Oregen project they had ;)

I guess money will win out every time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,588 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They're out of the 2023 Rugby World Cup too

Huge loss, that!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

kilns wrote: »
    and yet no sanctions for Nike, remember that Oregen project they had ;)

I guess money will win out every time

That was not state sponsored,

However UKA/UK Sports/GB Cycling have been implicated in that and given they cleared a review of Salazar it could amount to state aided, though I can't imagine to many will be calling for the same :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Ceepo

walshb wrote: »
    Huge loss, that!

It probably is to the Russian players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

KSU wrote: »
    That was not state sponsored,

However UKA/UK Sports/GB Cycling have been implicated in that and given they cleared a review of Salazar it could amount to state aided, though I can't imagine to many will be calling for the same :rolleyes:

No it was corporate sponsored and yet this corporation has bigger reach and potentially more damaging impact

Advertisement