Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree lights with Pink

Options
  • 01-12-2018 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen colour sets of lights with pink in them? I hate my led ones they’re so cold without the pink for the tree

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I have successfully "edited" the colour of Christmas fairy-lights by dabbing them with glass paint.

We have a long string around the front door and there were some "green" bulbs in it that were very faint, among the red and blue ones.
    I had "glass and tile paint" from the craft/hobby shop and just dabbed the little LEDs with that in a stronger green colour and it works just fine. Looks much better.

So, if you got some red or pink glass paint and painted it onto each bulb, it might improve your cold bluish or white lights. The paint is translucent, by the way

PS They are LED bulbs so they don't get hot: I doubt if this would work on the traditional bulbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Day Lewin wrote: »
    I have successfully "edited" the colour od Christmas fairy-lights by dabbing them with glass paint.

We have a long string around the front door and there were some "green" bulbs in it that were very faint, among the red and blue ones. ones
    I had "glass and tile paint" from the craft/hobby shop and just dabbed the little LEDs with that in a stronger green colour and it works just fine. Looks much better.

So, if you got some red or pink glass paint and painted it onto each bulb, it might improve your cold bluish or white lights. The paint is translucent, by the way

PS They are LED bulbs so they don't get hot: I doubt if this would work on the traditional bulbs.

That’s a super idea!

Just rebumping this in case anyone has seen any sets that are decently red and pink. I just feel mine are a little too cold, the blue and green are way brothers than the red and yellow in the set

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I have a set of Noma retro Christmas lights intermingled with my other lights on the tree. Nice shade of pink on them as well as yellow/ orange and green. I got them a few years ago in Johnstown Garden Centre and I know I definitely saw them in Arnotts two of three years ago. Havn’t been looking for them this year so don’t know where they are being stocked. I don’t like the current modern coloured led lights, so I know have retro warm white leds with some coloured noma lights. I love it!!!

If you check #22 on the “ show us your Christmas tree “ there is a pick of my lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Haven’t seen pink ones, but I know what you mean about the led lights being so cold, I refuse to buy the coloured LEDs cos I hate that awful blue in them. And the old style fairy lights are nowhere to be found these days.
    Best I found were old style lantern lights from Homestore and more, and they also have the most fab set of amber firefly leds that are now reduced to €14,99 for 480 lights. They have a gorgeous warm colour and the slightest little twinkle, not like the flashing ones. They are gorgeous. I’ve just gone and ordered another set before they sell out, highly recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Thanks for the suggestions! I went nuts tonight and spent an hour colouring in leds with sharpies. Unfortunately it was a bright white set with red, green and yellow and man it was totally effective!! I’m so going to pick myself up a warm white set and repeat the process. The red comes out pink, the green is a warmer more turquoise green than the led colour and the yellow is more pale like the old style lantern lights used to be. I’ve now got it combined with a set of the modern LEDs. Had to turn in some of the modern blues to increase the effect as they are so dominant but I love the tree now!

Advertisement