Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster vs Saracens, Sat 7th Dec 5:30pm, BT Sport

• 07-12-2019 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

MUNSTER RUGBY
    15. Mike Haley, 14. Andrew Conway, 13. Chris Farrell, 12. Rory Scannell, 11. Keith Earls, 10. JJ Hanrahan, 9. Conor Murray,
    1. James Cronin, 2. Niall Scannell, 3. Stephen Archer, 4. Jean Kleyn, 5. Billy Holland, 6. Tadhg Beirne, 7. Peter O'Mahony (c), 8. CJ Stander.
    Replacements:
    16. Kevin O'Byrne, 17. Liam O'Connor, 18. John Ryan, 19. Fineen Wycherley, 20. Jack O'Donoghue, 21. Nick McCarthy, 22. Sam Arnold, 23. Arno Botha,

SARACENS
    15. Matt Gallagher, 14. Roti Segun, 13. Alex Lozowski, 12. Brad Barritt (c), 11. Alex Lewington, 10. Manu Vunipola, 9. Ben Spencer, 1. Richard Barrington, 2. Jack Singleton , 3. Titi Lamositele, 4. Will Skelton, 5. Maro Itoje, 6. Nick Isiekwe, 7. Ben Earl, 8. Jackson Wray.

Replacements:
    16. Kapeli Pifeleti, 17. Rhys Carre, 18. Josh Ibuanokpe, 19. Joel Kpoku, 20. Sean Reffell, 21. Tom Whiteley, 22. Max Malins, 23. Nick Tompkins,

Munster once again opt for a 6-2 split on the bench but have made a surprising change to the starting lineup with the evergreen Billy Holland starting in the second row and Tadhg Beirne moving to his secondary position (in Munster colours at least) of blindside flanker. Munster's injury issues at 10 continue with Rory Scannell acting as the backup while also starting at centre. Ben Healy made a good debut last week in the Pro14 but isn't deemed ready to step up just yet. Sam Arnold's appearance on the bench is interesting, with no apparent injury to Dan Goggin.

Saracens have left many of their England stars at home but bring a strong looking forward pack. The backline is missing a number of starters with Brad Barritt, now 33 years old, the veteran in the side. The dearth in quality between both sides comes in the replacements with a number of academy players named for Saracens.

Saracens' starting pack have enough on paper to keep the game close. Whether Munster can get a TBP could depend on their decision making to kick three points from penalties. Out wide you'd expect Earls and Conway to dominate their opposite numbers.
    I'm thinking Munster by 12 points with no try bonus.

Comments

Really looking forward to this game, think Munster by 10 and a motm for Beirne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Beirne will always be a 2nd rower fo me. Hope he does well today nonetheless. I imagine he'll step into the 2nd row when Botha comes on for Holland.

Kleyn is a guy who we need to step up today. Show us what he's really made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

kuang1 wrote: »
    Beirne will always be a 2nd rower fo me. Hope he does well today nonetheless. I imagine he'll step into the 2nd row when Botha comes on for Holland.

Kleyn is a guy who we need to step up today. Show us what he's really made of.

I don't see Beirne as a second row, I think he's a better six.

I don't like the back row myself. We have two guys who will be standing off looking to jackal, too much work for CJ. I would have dropped PoM and played ToD.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I hope they attack the lineout like racing did. Really put pressure on Singleton from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

We could have a massive downpour around half time, huge band of rain incoming :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

not Convinced we will be getting a bonus point victory here. Just get the job done and 4 points while denying Saracens anything would be satisfactory to me.

Sideline seating mostly empty.
    Someone got gready and pulled the trigger too early thinking a sell out. Could end up being a financial loss.
    Sh*t seeing empty seats close to the pitch too.

Bloody Jackson Wray, great player.

FFS go for another scrum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

FFS go for another scrum!

They had to come away with something!

The TMO initially waved that away?

Ah feck, forward.

Forward alright. Shame.

Would have been lovely to come off the back of the Itoje penalty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Sideline seating mostly empty.
    Someone got gready and pulled the trigger too early thinking a sell out. Could end up being a financial loss.
    Sh*t seeing empty seats close to the pitch too.

Are you mad? That's extra seating extending the capacity of the stadium. There's 26000 at this.

Edit: and that's just the south end where there's a lot of empty ones in th additional seating.

A loss me arse.

Good job POM wasn't on the bench there

Murray and Earls having great games

G’wan POM. Lovely pass from Scannell.

Two chargedowns on Farrell, cmon Chris wake up

Shocking clearance attempt by Farrell, putting us in all kinds of pressure

• Advertisement

Not sure where the one is coming from, thought Isiekwe was ahead of the ball carrier from the pick and go first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Fairly turgid stuff v Saracens B team.

Spencer's passing compared the Murray's is in a different league.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Spencer's passing compared the Murray's is in a different league.

Murray asleep there at thy scrum. Wake up ta fook !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just why, just why do we always make things hard for ourselves. Terrible stuff at times. And then we just gift them points.

Now it’s going to be a complete arm wrestle and we will struggle to get the win.

leakyboots wrote: »
    Are you mad? That's extra seating extending the capacity of the stadium. There's 26000 at this.

Edit: and that's just the south end where there's a lot of empty ones in th additional seating.

A loss me arse.
    Know full well why its there.
    South is completely empty bar 20 seats.

Anyway .....

JJ has looked lost a few times, not sure if its him or players aren't in the positions they are supposed to be.
    Great conversion though in that wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Know full well why its there.
    South is completely empty bar 20 seats.

I had 2 extra tickets for today, couldn't give them away. We're sitting here with 2 empty seats beside us.

It's gonna be very difficult playing into that wind by the looks of it. Shuda made hay in the first half

• Advertisement

Great double hit on Skelton.

Advertisement