Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forever Young Festival 10th to 12th July 2020

• 26-07-2019 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Loyalty presale starts today, general tickets on sale tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

As I didn't purchase the discount code no real urge to buy this early as there are no savings options? (Might sell out but what can you do)
    Obviously they have changed the selling options from this year and its not on a tiered basis from what I can see?

Great cause but give us some sort of discount....

Not on FB but obviously more information....

"just to clarify.
    YOU MUST PUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS into the promo code box on the ticket selection page to get the 25% discount IF AND ONLY IF you bought the loyalty code.
    I'm sorry the early birds are not crazy cheap like last year, and I'm not able to absorb all the fees this year so I'm afraid there are booking fees too.
    If we could do it for free we would, but it's over 2million to put on. so this year's price is around €9 an act, after €5 to €8 an act in 2019.
    I still hope you agree it's great value. I go to festivals costing more where I know one or 2 acts. our line up is huge and strong. but not cheap. our venue is perfect but not the price of a muddy field. And we put in every possible facility to make the best weekend possible.
    We hope you will enjoy 2020 as much if not more than 2019.
    Goodnight all, will be back answering queries in the morning"

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭eplady2017

Any idea how much they will be tomorrow.. Can't seem to find that info anywhere...

eplady2017 wrote: »
    Any idea how much they will be tomorrow.. Can't seem to find that info anywhere...

No idea what they will be tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭eplady2017

No idea what they will be tomorrow...

Thanks for that.. Didn't realise parking is also extra..
    Didn't go this year so can I ask two more questions of you!!! What's the difference between general and lux camping??? And is the alcohol policy free flow??
    Thanks

Didn't go this year so can I ask two more questions of you!!! What's the difference between general and lux camping??? And is the alcohol policy free flow??
    Thanks

Course...
    At a guess as I only camped on Night 2...last minute decision cut out the taxis etc
    General I would say is bring your own Lux I think is they provide the tent..They are in different areas as well..
    When you say free flow?
    You can bring it to the campsite but you're not supposed to bring it into the arena. Loads concealed and no hassle.. others sat in the campsite drank and went up and down to see what bands they picked.
    Wasnt a bad act really so missed a few of the early starters..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Booked in for next year, the full monty this time only went on Saturday this year. Should be great if this year is anything to go by.

Thanks

Lux just read it there is bring your own tent so not sure on the extra facilities end.
    In general camping they had a burger van for food and showers so not sure what extra Lux will provide...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Lux has better toilets, running water and a shorter walk. Both have showers which surprised me.
    Overall I don’t think many camped. Lux was full. Great atmosphere. Standard was not to full. Lots of camper-vans in that section. Overly all there was not to much difference between lux and standard. I reckon going on word of amount it will be much busier next year.

I still booked lux. Just for the atmosphere alone. Brilliant weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭corm500

Last of the early bird Tier one tix on sale today till midnight. Apparently they are releasing tier two tickets later in the year

News coming on Friday apparently. Could be a lineup announcement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

70656452_2226197187690247_1713267290507575296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQn_zlN5n99TTJpBptEAL9h5wx-Std2tZHblgFS7cvL-uwWTj_TNSwBK50Eal5ZZ1uWHdmcxhQBKteCZQ3IVkzen&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=67fc35d9ca7ecd3918faf0b6f7295f84&oe=5E3B6FC4

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I just watched yer man from Curiosity killed the cat get the bum's rush on First Dates. He's available. Howard Jones and Nik Kershaw will be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

Anyone here not going next year willing to PM me their loyalty code?

I'd like to get them today for the limited sale for an Christmas gift. Don't fancy risking waiting for the next general sale in December.

Initial lineup announced this morning:

Marti Pello
    Boomtown Rats
    Bananarama
    M-People
    Blow Monkeys
    Tiffany
    Limhal
    5-Star
    Wendy James transition vamp
    Martin Kemp (DJ set)

Gonna be a fun weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 33,801 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's a terrible line-up compared to this year's.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

That's a terrible line-up compared to this year's.

OMFG! I bought early bird tix. Talk about being sold a pup! Two I'd be interested in seeing and that includes Martin Kemp.
    I said they were gilding the lily with the Winter festival, then the Retro Festival cut their bush.
    Talk about also rans.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

C'mon dudes its only the first announcement and none of these look like the headliners yet, judge the lineup when it has swelled considerably by February at least.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

C'mon dudes its only the first announcement and none of these look like the headliners yet, judge the lineup when it has swelled considerably by February at least.

Yeah, I get that but when you consider the undercard for this year had the likes of Midge Ure, Level 42, Big Country and Bonnie Tyler...... feels a bit of a let down.

washiskin wrote: »
    Yeah, I get that but when you consider the undercard for this year had the likes of Midge Ure, Level 42, Big Country and Bonnie Tyler...... feels a bit of a let down.

Early days yet. I think they have a lot more to release. Remember Midge Ure, Bonnie Tyler, Jimmy Somerville or Holly Johnson we’re not in the first announcements last year.

Ok so with this morning additions the lineup looks like this. Some decent acts in there that I have never got around to seeing. Should be another good weekend.

Paul Young
    Jimmy Somerville
    Marti Pello
    Bad Manners
    Hot Chocolate
    John Parr
    The Boomtown Rats
    Bananarama
    Nick Heyward
    Johnny Hates Jazz
    Trevor Horn Band
    Tiffany
    The Blow Monkeys
    Limahl
    5 Star
    Heather Small
    Chesney Hawkes
    Wendy James
    The Undertones
    Cutting Crew
    Altered Images
    The Adventures
    Alive & Dangerous
    In Tua Nua
    Martin Kemp Back to the 80s DJ sets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭pale rider

Was there last year, super event, well run. Congrats to all involved in organising, we got tickets at the last minute on adverts and hope to do the same this year.

€400 is a lot for the two days for two of us before beers and burgers, seems too expensive to me, I hope they haven't killed what could have been a golden goose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

How can they have hot chocolate when the main man with the voice and the face is dead?

That looks a bit better - only said to the o/h during the week it would be great if The Trevor Horn Band were there....

More acts being announced tomorrow morning on the PJ and Jims Breakfast show on Classic Hits.

Forever Young named Best Medium Festival 2019 at the Irish Festival Awards. They also won Best Lineup 2019 too. Not bad going for their first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Stillill42

corm500 wrote: »
    Forever Young named Best Medium Festival 2019 at the Irish Festival Awards. They also won Best Lineup 2019 too. Not bad going for their first year.

That's pushing it. Best lineup 2019? Good craic, certainly. Let's not go over the top.

New additions:

Wang Chung
    Jason Donovan
    Paul Carrack
    Blamange
    OMD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

corm500 wrote: »
    New additions:

Wang Chung
    Jason Donovan
    Paul Carrack
    Blancmange
    OMD

OMD are always superb. I'm surprised they're going down the nostalgia festival route, but I suppose it's easy enough for them to do an hour of hits at several festivals over the summer.

Paul Carrack was great in the Bord Gáis last year.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

OMD are always superb. I'm surprised they're going down the nostalgia festival route, but I suppose it's easy enough for them to do an hour of hits at several festivals over the summer.

Paul Carrack was great in the Bord Gáis last year.

OMD are a great addition. According to their website, they are playing the Sunday. Do you think they will close the festival?
    I might just go for the day as I'm not into camping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

urbangoo wrote: »
    OMD are a great addition. According to their website, they are playing the Sunday. Do you think they will close the festival?

I wouldn't be surprised if they closed it, not least because they're still a big draw in their own right. It would be a great finale.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

Advertisement