Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Holden Motor Company

Options
  • 23-08-2019 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am looking at a car that is advertised on Holden Motor Company website in Bluebell estate Dublin ..just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with the company good or bad ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 airtaine

Yes I have and no would not recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Interesting first post.

Can you be a little more specific. It so happens that a family member is looking at a car from this garage and I was about to post a similar thread. The car is a Superb Automatic and there seems to be a few of them around several similar garages all registered within a few digits of each other. I was thinking they were fleet/rental cars perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭elperello

They do look like rental cars.

They are lower spec. ie. wheel covers not alloys.

If you still want to proceed ask them straight out about history and look for service records.

A 2 litre car would be a better drive but the 1.6 is adequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

airtaine wrote: »

Anything more on this?

They've two I'm thinking of looking at this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I've dealt with them and found them fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭scwazrh

airtaine wrote: »

You’ve waited 15yrs for your first post and that’s it ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

A lot of UK imports by the looks of it. Would be asking for UK number plates and doing a couple of check on them.....like you should do with all dealers by the way so not saying anything specific about this company

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I bought a car from them in the last few months and would have no problem recommending them. They were very good to deal with.

They say they don't do UK imports, but get most of their cars from dealers. We bought a Jag, which had a full service history from Spirit.

It needed to go back for a few fixes and they had no problem doing that, giving us a replacement car to keep us going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 uknownuser

I'm also thinking of buying a car from this seller. How did people get on?

Never late to post!

Bad experience! These 2 brothers think they are the best dealers in the world....They will show you innocent faces at the beginning of the purchase until you buy their cars and they are different people..
    They use other con people/companies to add "accessories" when selling cars. At the end, they refuse or give wrong information about these other companies' details to complain with when these accessories are faulty or broken.

AVOID!!

• Advertisement

Asling wrote: »
    Never late to post!

Bad experience! These 2 brothers think they are the best dealers in the world....They will show you innocent faces at the beginning of the purchase until you buy their cars and they are different people..
    They use other con people/companies to add "accessories" when selling cars. At the end, they refuse or give wrong information about these other companies' details to complain with when these accessories are faulty or broken.

AVOID!!

So what exactly happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 uknownuser

I bought a car from them in January and would have no problem recommending them also. They were very good to deal with and had the best price. I've the car just over 3 months now and no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭buzzing147

elperello wrote: »
    So what exactly happened?

Yea what exactly happened? I'm looking at a 16 A4 on they're site, 50,000 miles, says Irish car also. Would rather a main dealer purchase but would be tempted by this deal, if these "brothers" are genuine

buzzing147 wrote: »
    Yea what exactly happened? I'm looking at a 16 A4 on they're site, 50,000 miles, says Irish car also. Would rather a main dealer purchase but would be tempted by this deal, if these "brothers" are genuine

Nothing is what happened :)

A first time poster came on and made some serious allegations which they failed to stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The amount of new users on this thread is comical and speaks volumes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Has anyone any recent experience of these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This thread is funny some guy a couple of posts from the top joined boards.ie before anybody here most likely and waits 15 years later to post his first post on the site in this thread and then never follows up with a explanation of his experience with the said company.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ninja posters everywhere Ted.

Advertisement