Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jessica Yaniv refused service at gynaecologist's office

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

seamus wrote: »
    Well if you don't think trans people should have equal rights, then you're a transphobe. There's not really any other way to spin that.

Exactly if you don't support Yaniv your a transphobe.
    If you support Yaniv your a nutbag, there's not really any other way to spin that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Phoebas wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for allowing people to choose their own pronouns without this childish back and forth?

Fortunately people don't, but science has a few things to say about it, until someone can show me where science has been mistaken all along I'm firmly on the balls=male vagina= female side of the fence, just because you believe something doesn't make it so

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Says who? You'll find a huge majority of LGBT people or allies saying they don't agree with what Yaniv is doing or saying.

Being trans doesn't make someone free from criticism or condemnation even if you support their right to be trans.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Marcos

Ricky Gervais cutting right to the heart of the matter in his usual sensitive manner.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

No pettiness here at all, if you have a penis I refer to you as 'he' if you have a vagina I refer to you as 'she'. You can identify as a dolphin for all the difference it makes to me but I won't refer to you as 'fungi'. Yaniv has a penis so as far as I'm concerned it's a he.

In this thread, a Boards community manager states that it's official site policy that you have to refer to a trans person by their preferred pronoun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

I'm not making any excuses for anyone. Yaniv is a weirdo.

Stop giving her oxygen. Stop pretending that she's representative of anything. As you say, there's ample evidence that this individual might be using the trans community as a cover for more nefarious activities. So everyone should be on the side of the trans community and just ignoring her desperate nonsense.

Why do I say "she" instead of "he"? Because it makes no odds to me what someone wants to be referred to as. Making a point of using something else is just petty for the sake of it.

You either agree that EVERYONE who self Id's as trans is trans and that every man who claims to be a woman is 100% a woman and has the exact same rights to single sex spaces and services or if you don't you are a transphobic terf. Them's the rules of the Trans Cult, you are either in or out. So Yaniv cannot be the wrong kind of trans, you can't pick and choose or you are a gatekeeper which is a deadly sin in Trans Cult World. Are you in or out?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's like saying if you don't support Netanyahu you're a Nazi.

Stop being ridiculous and come back when you have a coherent argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

He's a man using transgender issues as an excuse to get near young girls for sexual reasons, anyone defending him are doing nothing but enabling a pedophile, if it was an ordinary bloke he would be doing jail time but because he has very obvious mental health issues he's given a free pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

In this thread, a Boards community manager states that it's official site policy that you have to refer to a trans person by their preferred pronoun.

I guess I'm heading for a warning/ ban so. I ain't changing what I know to be true for the last 48 years.

Penn wrote: »
    Says who? You'll find a huge majority of LGBT people or allies saying they don't agree with what Yaniv is doing or saying.

Being trans doesn't make someone free from criticism or condemnation even if you support their right to be trans.

I've not seen one critizie him from an equal rights prospective, they curse his method but support the underlying logic.
    You either agree he's a woman and entitled to everything a woman is or your don't. If you don't your a transphobe. It couldn't be any clear cut.

• Advertisement

And an awful lot of people know that should not be held as an official policy at all.

Yaniv is a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

This fella is just an attention seeker.

Yes, you're right, it is strange attention-seeking behaviour by the OP, wanting to highlight one fairly extreme event from the other side of the world to inspire a pile-on of transphobes.

That's like saying if you don't support Netanyahu you're a Nazi.

Stop being ridiculous and come back when you have a coherent argument.

No it's not the same thing. If you want to make that comparison it's If you don't support Nazis your a naziphobe.
    Now your either a nutjob or a naziphobe. Take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Of place to try the same stunt again, he could picked a better target than a gynaecologist's office. What with their medical experts who know exactly what their field entails.

Should try it again on some poor non-English speaking immigrants, maybe it'll turn out different this time.

He's a man using transgender issues as an excuse to get near young girls for sexual reasons, anyone defending him are doing nothing but enabling a pedophile, if it was an ordinary bloke he would be doing jail time but because he has very obvious mental health issues he's given a free pass
    And you see, this is where the false narrative is being played.

The implication that anyone is defending Yaniv (who isn't being paid to).

There's nobody on this thread defending her. There's nobody (of any note) on Twitter defending her.

But the media try to imply that she has broad support. And on this thread you can see some people who think that if you're not instantly outraged out this, then you must be a supporter.

I'm not saying this is intentional on your part. But stand back and look at the big picture.

Find me someone who supports this, who isn't also a loon like Yaniv. You'll find they don't exist. The alleged outrage about this, the masses fighting for irrational rights, is vapour. They don't exist. This is one lunatic thousands of kilometres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Fortunately people don't, but science has a few things to say about it, until someone can show me where science has been mistaken all along I'm firmly on the balls=male vagina= female side of the fence, just because you believe something doesn't make it so
    I'm not talking about the science of it, I'm just talking about the petty he, she, no he, no she 'corrections'.

I get that people disagree, but this silliness doesn't add anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

Sorry if this has been posted already but have a read of this....

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/the-truth-about-jessica-yaniv-is-beginning-to-emerge/

This person is an out and out creep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

You should for no other reason other than curiosity learn a little more about this creature, his behaviour goes beyond fetish . He wanted to organise a swim for over 12's (topless if they wanted) with parents/guardian barred to allow a safe environment. It would be a natural assumption to presume he is a paedophile using the trans community to further his desires.

After doing some more digging, I can't help but agree.

They posted quite extensively about whether it would be appropraite or not to ask a child for a loan of a tampon in a public bathroom. They also wondered if it would be inappropriate to demonstrate how to use a tampon on a young girl, if she was unsupervised in a public bathroom.

They tried to brush it off as a girl helping another girl out, but jaysus I'm in my late 20's and can say hand on heart I've never once pondered about finding myself in a situation where I might need to show a child not known to me how to use sanitary products.
    I've never once come across such a situation in real life either, so why on earth would that even occur to Yaniv?

I actually feel really sorry for the average transgender person having this dangerous buffoon representing their cause on the world stage. Its stomach turning.

Monkey2019 wrote: »

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/the-truth-about-jessica-yaniv-is-beginning-to-emerge/

That's the article I was reading. Mind blowing stuff!!!!

Monkey2019 wrote: »

This guy is a danger to young girls. He seems fixated on preteens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

And yet people are defending him on here..

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

SusieBlue wrote: »
    That's the article I was reading. Mind blowing stuff!!!!

It's disgusting isnt it!

As said above,to me anyway, the trans identity is being used as a cover - if it was your 50 year old male neighbour or co worker tweeting or messaging things like that he would be called out (and rightly so) as a paedaphile.

Fear of insulting a trans person is protecting him. Clever guy really :/

There are plenty pandering to his desire to be referred to as a woman, but I haven't seen anyone defend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Find me someone who supports this, who isn't also a loon like Yaniv. You'll find they don't exist. The alleged outrage about this, the masses fighting for irrational rights, is vapour. They don't exist. This is one lunatic thousands of kilometres away.

Morgane Oger, the leading Trans activist in Canada, and formerly elected representative supported Yaniv and gave him legal advice about how to bring the discrimination cases in the ball waxing fiasco. Oger still supports him on the discrimination stuff and only rowed back a bit when the predatory paedophilia stuff came out.
    I was banned from a previous Yaniv thread for calling Yaniv he.
    Mégane Murphy and other feminists have been banned from Twitter for misgendering or dead-naming him.
    We are in the upside-down.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Morgane Oger, the leading Trans activist in Canada, and formerly elected representative supported Yaniv and gave him legal advice about how to bring the discrimination cases in the ball waxing fiasco. Oger still supports him on the discrimination stuff and only rowed back a bit when the predatory paedophilia stuff came out.
    I was banned from a previous Yaniv thread for calling Yaniv he.
    Mégane Murphy and other feminists have been banned from Twitter for misgendering or dead-naming him.
    We are in the upside-down.

I realise I'm very late to the party here as I'm only catching up on all this scandal today, but for someone who considers themselves to be a woman, they aren't very considerate or compassionate towards females in general.

I'm straight but the idea of waxing or being near some random mans nether regions fills me with horror, regardless of which gender they identify as.
    I'm sure Yaniv wouldn't be too thrilled to have to carry out such a task themselves, so why try to force others to do it? Especially when the business didn't even offer that service, so they weren't even discriminated against?

Its actually bizarre, I can't get my head around it at all. This person shouldn't have any sort of public platform whatsoever. They were extremely dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Phoebas wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for allowing people to choose their own pronouns without this childish back and forth?

It’s not childish. If a poster makes a mistake and refers to a man as “she” or “her” then they will appreciate the correction. It’s not scientifically possible to “choose their own pronouns”.

Dante7 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, Oger has completely distanced herself from Yaniv and has refused to allow Yaniv to get involved in any trans rights events or organisations Oger is involved in. "Rowed back a bit" makes it sound like they're best buddies in private, when that's absolutely not the case. Oger has come out publicly to shine a light on the allegations aganist Yaniv, at legal risk to herself it has to be said.

So, it's fair to say that the trans community in Canada don't support Yaniv, and are concerned that she's a predator.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I realise I'm very late to the party here as I'm only catching up on all this scandal today, but for someone who considers themselves to be a woman, they aren't very considerate or compassionate towards females in general.

I'm straight but the idea of waxing or being near some random mans nether regions fills me with horror, regardless of which gender they identify as.
    I'm sure Yaniv wouldn't be too thrilled to have to carry out such a task themselves, so why try to force others to do it? Especially when the business didn't even offer that service, so they weren't even discriminated against?

Its actually bizarre, I can't get my head around it at all. This person shouldn't have any sort of public platform whatsoever. They were extremely dangerous.

I think it was so unfair how those women would not wax Yaniv's ' lady balls'. Discrimination I tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Which specific posts did you interpret as 'defending him'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

He needs to be locked up. Some of the stuff he's posted on-line is beyond creepy, sick in fact.

Advertisement