Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a good mouse? Check this out.

Comments

Viper Ultimate all the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I need a new one as well, after the middle mouse button on my G502 stopped working properly. Might just buy that one again tbh, as i absolutely love it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    I need a new one as well, after the middle mouse button on my G502 stopped working properly. Might just buy that one again tbh, as i absolutely love it.

I bought the G502 this time last year as a backup and recently switched to it after my old mouse started to double click on a single click.
    Ive grown to really like the G502, fingers crossed it lasts a while, how old is yours?

I reckon the logitech G pro wireless would feel similar for you, wireless i know but the wireless ones listed by RJN perform better than most wired :eek:

I can't remember exactly when i bought it tbh...it's 2-3 years old anyway, and to be fair to it...I've gotten about 4-5 years worth of use out of it :P

Talking with Logitech support to see if they are able to repair or replace it, as it may still be under warranty.

I've always gone with wired mice as i thought they were better...may have to reconsider that i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

In my experience Logitech support were very good, they replaced my Performance MX a few years ago, even though it was out of warranty.

If you are getting the "double click on a single click" it is usually the micro switch that is gone (or fluff/dirt is stuck under clicker).
    It can be replaced if you are handy with a soldering iron. I did that to 2 of my MX's that were well out of warranty.
    I had an older logitech mouse (PS2 connection!) to be a donor for the micro-switches and managed to replace mine.
    It's a bit tricky, but do-able.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can confirm RJN knows his stuff.
    One thing I don't think he talks about enough though are the mouse feet.

My Rival 310 felt better than the G305 (with Lithium AA) despite weighing more, simply because it glided better on my pad.

Also to anyone getting a mouse, I highly recommend getting an oversize mouse pad, i.e. big enough to fit both keyboard & mouse.
    And it has to have stitched edges.
    Final tip, hang it over your table so your wrist doesn't hit the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got myself a new laptop, so will be looking for a nice wireless mouse for it.
    So I am one of those Death Adder pricks. You know, the ones, if it dies, we just get new one version of Death Adder.
    Anything similar to it in wireless form, could ask misses as Xmas present.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

So I am one of those Death Adder pricks. You know, the ones, if it dies, we just get new one version of Death Adder.
    Pretty much the same here however I got a Mamba Elite in work when they went on sale awhile back. It's a lovely upgrade from the DA and also has a Wireless version which is itself currently on sale. Judging by this there's **** all difference between the two. If you want to stay in the family and within a reasonable budget, I'd say it's a damn good choice.

gizmo wrote: »
    Pretty much the same here however I got a Mamba Elite in work when they went on sale awhile back. It's a lovely upgrade from the DA and also has a Wireless version which is itself currently on sale. Judging by this there's **** all difference between the two. If you want to stay in the family and within a reasonable budget, I'd say it's a damn good choice.

Thanks, I threw a link to my misses. Hopefully she won't be to busy to order me one! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

G502 isnt on that list makes me suspicious, its a cracking mouse.

Its not the MX518 but its close.

Then I see logitech is down the table...... dunno lads something off there, Razor 1st????? is there a mouse-gate going on i dont know about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I still adore the Logitech G403 K.O.Kiki recommended for me. Best mouse I've ever had.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Well, cheers for that, my misses ordered it for me. Now wait until Xmas!

Well, cheers for that, my misses ordered it for me. Now wait until Xmas!
    No worries man, hope you like it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

dreamers75 wrote: »

Then I see logitech is down the table...... dunno lads something off there, Razor 1st????? is there a mouse-gate going on i dont know about.

yeah that always surprises me when looking at his list that one of the bestselling mice ever is not listed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I use the G502 and while i love it its not a patch on the final mouse version 2 i had before, its not on the list either so thats even more suspicious if one wishes to look at it that way , i dont i just understand there are quality mice these days like never before.
    Also the Logitech G Pro Wireless is number 3 and not down the list,Logi have 6 listed in RJN`s top 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I used to be a big supporter of Razer mice but the quality just isn't there these days. My Death Adder Elite started having button clicking issues after 10 months and the Mamba tournament edition I had prior to that, developed an issue where the sensor failed to recognize horizontal movement after less than a year. Moving to a Logitech G502 was an absolute eye-opener when it comes to the overall quality of the product. It's just so much better I'm raging I didn't pick one up sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ive a 502 about 4 years now,still going strong.

If i had one complaint it would be that it has a small body for someone like me with big hands but thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

The G402 Hyperion is down to about €21 on Amazon

Venom wrote: »
    I used to be a big supporter of Razer mice but the quality just isn't there these days. My Death Adder Elite started having button clicking issues after 10 months and the Mamba tournament edition I had prior to that, developed an issue where the sensor failed to recognize horizontal movement after less than a year. Moving to a Logitech G502 was an absolute eye-opener when it comes to the overall quality of the product. It's just so much better I'm raging I didn't pick one up sooner.

I have the Viper Ultimate. It's bullet proof so far. Best mouse i've ever had.

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah that always surprises me when looking at his list that one of the bestselling mice ever is not listed
    Dcully wrote: »
    I use the G502 and while i love it its not a patch on the final mouse version 2 i had before, its not on the list either so thats even more suspicious if one wishes to look at it that way , i dont i just understand there are quality mice these days like never before.
    Also the Logitech G Pro Wireless is number 3 and not down the list,Logi have 6 listed in RJN`s top 20.

https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/products/mouse/logitech-g502
    The top selling mouse is apparently the Logitech G502. I don't really see it as a competitive FPS mouse but for general use, it's one of the best. The infinite scroll wheel really helps when I'm video editing and browsing folders and webpages. The extra buttons along with G-Shift in the software also allows me to bind shortcuts. It's all about productivity. I can still play games with it. I think it would be great for MMOs too. But being a Quake player, I go for smaller and lighter mice. If you aren't too competitive or you're happy just hitting quite good shots and the occasional insane shot, then this mouse will still be good in shooters. What I'm saying is, I don't think you will reach your absolute potential with this mouse, but you can still be very good with it. It's Logitech so it's a pretty solid mouse. Top optical sensor, good feel on the plastics and buttons. Great mouse. But it's heavy at 125g before you even add the weights. Thankfully the wireless isn't as much, so that's what I've focused this page on, it can get down to 112g. I use a two mouse set up so this is highly recommended as a main until you game. If budget is an issue, the G502 wired version is a great alternative for a second mouse. If you're worried about wireless, Logitech wireless is so good it's basically wired. Give it a try!

(emphasis mine)

And I agree with RJN - I have a G502 for photo editing/browsing, but when it comes to FPS games I switch to something smaller/lighter.

Recently got a Mamba wireless, before that I had Rival 310 & G305.

• Advertisement

Ugh, the heavier the better for me. Have all the added weights in my G502, and would put more if i could :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Paid €15 for this Perixx MX-2000II generic Chinese gaming mouse 4 years ago when I built my gaming pc and played every game worth playing since with it and its still going strong, no need to break the bank:

hBeTLhY.png

Thargor wrote: »
    Paid €15 for this Perixx MX-2000II generic Chinese gaming mouse 4 years ago when I built my gaming pc and played every game worth playing since with it and its still going strong, no need to break the bank:
    Bad advice TBH

Avago ADNS 9500 sensor is bad.

CoolerMaster Master Mouse MM520/MM530 have PWM3360 & cost less than €33.
    Also Logitech G305 (wireless!), Gigabyte Aorus M3, Corsair Harpoon, CoolerMaster Master Mouse S, Steelseries Rival 110.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Recently got a Mamba wireless, before that I had Rival 310 & G305.
    How are you finding the Mamba Wireless as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It still blows my mind when I see the MX518 pop up these days (even before the recent resurrection).

I flukely bought one with a build I did on komplett in 2007 because I liked the look of the shape of it. Little did I know that I'd be pushed to find anything as comfortable or as hard wearing as it is 12 years on.

It's still plugged in - with it's ridiculous cable - into the MSI downstairs, hasn't skipped a beat in all that time and has come everywhere with me in house moves, country moves and the rest.

Definitely up there with the Nokia 7200 flip phone as my all-time favourite pieces of tech I've owned.

Venom wrote: »

I would not call myself Razer fanboy, but Death Adder just stuck to me, the only Razor product I ever bought.
    Years and years ago I bought a cheaper Razer mouse ( not death Adder )and loved it. Until I killed it myself... Nerd rage after bad StarCraft 2 match. I slammed poor thing in to the table. Was my first and last time I did something like that. Then I got Death Adder and felt in love with it, very comfortable, great accuracy and had only extra buttons I needed, no fluff or crap you don't need. It served me for years and I can't even remember how it died, but I got my money worth out of it. Decided to take other brand for a change, can't remember what it was, but it costed 100eu, weights and all gaming bloat on it. I hated it and it was not a patch on my old mouse. Not in quality, precision, ergonomics etc. A week later ordered another Death Adder and still use it to this day.
    It's like a lottery with Razer stuff I guess, some people have no issue with them, others get only problems.
    Really can't wait for that mouse to arrive, right now I am using cheap small Logitech wireless mouse. Had day off and played a bit, hand is cramping now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Still using a Logitech G903. Absolutely love it. Never had an issue or a complaint. When it finally dies, I'll probably get the same type again

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

How are you finding the Mamba Wireless as a matter of interest?

Seems fine so far, I'm playing a lot less FPS these days but had a 4-5hr session with no complaints.
    Shape seems good, though it's a bit wide even for my hands - would be perfect for someone who plays with middle-finger-on-wheel.
    No sensor issues in wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Both me and the heir have had a G502 for the last 2-3 years. I think it's a great productivity mouse.
    I got a G PRO Wireless and the charging pad for the son's birthday. I hope he likes it, alongside his G502, in a two mouse setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I would not call myself Razer fanboy, but Death Adder just stuck to me, the only Razor product I ever bought.
    Years and years ago I bought a cheaper Razer mouse ( not death Adder )and loved it. Until I killed it myself... Nerd rage after bad StarCraft 2 match. I slammed poor thing in to the table. Was my first and last time I did something like that. Then I got Death Adder and felt in love with it, very comfortable, great accuracy and had only extra buttons I needed, no fluff or crap you don't need. It served me for years and I can't even remember how it died, but I got my money worth out of it. Decided to take other brand for a change, can't remember what it was, but it costed 100eu, weights and all gaming bloat on it. I hated it and it was not a patch on my old mouse. Not in quality, precision, ergonomics etc. A week later ordered another Death Adder and still use it to this day.
    It's like a lottery with Razer stuff I guess, some people have no issue with them, others get only problems.
    Really can't wait for that mouse to arrive, right now I am using cheap small Logitech wireless mouse. Had day off and played a bit, hand is cramping now...

I was a big Razor fan for over a decade as once you get used to their shape it's hard moving to a different brand. My Lachesis lasted me almost 8 years and still works to this day but the rubber on the buttons and back just wore off from use. The Mamba was an awesome mouse that felt great in the hand and looked the business to boot but the sensor going in less than a year I could put down to a fluke. The Deathadder buttons developing clicking issues again in under a year and seeing how widespread the issue was on various tech forums, killed off any thoughts of me picking up a Razor mouse again as their quality control is just garbage.

Advertisement