Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock walk

Options
  • 01-12-2019 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭

Haven't been on this walkway for a long, long time. But this morning's beautiful sunshine enticed. Firstly, not a golfer in sight. Very odd. Thought these would be out at the crack of dawn?
    Anyone know where they sourced those huge boulders?
    It's a pity the wooden benches appear to offer no view whatsoever. Except into the wall.
    Fair number of dogs. And poo.
    Is that the end now of this walkway? Thought it was going to head out to Silverstrand. As i was there mid day I didn't take any note of lighting. What's it ike at night?

Comments

bobbyss wrote: »
    Haven't been on this walkway for a long, long time. But this morning's beautiful sunshine enticed. Firstly, not a golfer in sight. Very odd. Thought these would be out at the crack of dawn?
    It's a pity the wooden benches appear to offer no view whatsoever. Except into the wall.
    Is that the end now of this walkway? Thought it was going to head out to Silverstrand. As i was there mid day I didn't take any note of lighting. What's it ike at night?

No view from the benches due to the wall being added after a fair chunk of the walk was washed away in a storm.

No lights at night, it's possible it's to be added later or was a planning condition that they not be added

Poo, yeah, dog owners....

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Poo, yeah, dog owners....

and so easily solved... post a community warden there every morning for a week talking to dog owners -- a little bit of education and enforcement would go a long way

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭carrick76

bobbyss wrote: »

The first 4 holes of the course were closed this morning. They close a few holes every day during the winter to minimise wear and tear when the ground is soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I used to bring clients to blackrock to help them loosen up, but with the mild for now weather Im scared too, free range toddles and cycling on the path make it a hazard for dyspraxic's like me.

Additionally now that the barista bus has been moved on, there is no where close enough for a hot enough drink.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

Dog poo this morning was all over the place, glad the council sweeper truck was at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

For those who don't visit regularly rest assured those guys are out there every morning. That said, I think he got his sweeper caught up in some poo in a few places recently and it's looked messier than usual.

Advertisement