Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on a Marlin tube fed .22lr

Options
  • 28-11-2019 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

anyone have any feedback on a tube fed marlin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I have one with a black synthetic stock about 10 years. Gets very little use the last few years but no problems with it. Very easy to load and unload. And specific questions you have on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭EoghanS

saw on advertised on sports den 2nd hand, never shot one, might take a punt.
    are they awkward on cleaning etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Not a Marlin but a Savage Model 6A .22 LR Cal Tube Fed.
    40 plus years ago I cut my teeth on this rifle. My father did the same when he was my age.

There was never any issue with cleaning and maintenance in respect to it being a tube feed configuration rifle.

The only issue with the feed system was the internal spring of the inner tube had become worn and caused feed issues. There was no replacement springs to be got so the Father cut an inch or so off the outer and inner tube and recut the slot for the retaining lug. This brought new life to the spring. The tube capacity was reduced by a few or more rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭EoghanS

nice one, went a put a deposit on it there earlier

Advertisement